LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Naomi

knightCrawler

1st if you are already using Demul for DC in LB then you will need to setup a separate instance of the emulator in LB Name it Demul [Arcade] or something similar to differentiate the two instances. This is because the DC and Arcade boards need conflicting parameters. These 2 screen shots should help you get up and running. FYI if you wish to use Gaelco games you will have to set up another instance of Demul this time with a 2nd emulator unless you want to use the oldDX11 drivers for everything as it doesn't work with the newer driver. If anyone might knows how to pass the video driver in the command line then this might solve that but I don't know if that is configurable from the command.Demul[Arcdade]AssocPlat.JPGDemul[Arcdade].JPG

Edited by DOS76

Are they .zip files? If you are using the latest version of Demul they are looking for a pretty recent ROM set from MAME a lot of the files I had set up before no longer worked in with Demul. If you have a fairly recent MAME you should see my download found here it will help you extract the correct ROMs from MAME put it in a separate folder and allow you to import the games much easier. For the Sega Naomi GD and Naomi 2 GD section you will also need the appropriate CHD files in order to get the games to work I'm thinking of adding a txt file for next time that will list the CHD files helping users narrow down their search.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2016 at 1:42 PM, DOS76 said:

Are they .zip files? If you are using the latest version of Demul they are looking for a pretty recent ROM set from MAME a lot of the files I had set up before no longer worked in with Demul. If you have a fairly recent MAME you should see my download found here it will help you extract the correct ROMs from MAME put it in a separate folder and allow you to import the games much easier. For the Sega Naomi GD and Naomi 2 GD section you will also need the appropriate CHD files in order to get the games to work I'm thinking of adding a txt file for next time that will list the CHD files helping users narrow down their search.

Hello

Sorry to jump on that thread, just wondering, I have applied your settings on a Demul complet rom & chd pack I have, all works well with naomi 1/2 zip classical rom files, but can't manage to make the CHD files working.

Anything special to do ? shall I zip each folder ? I tried but with no luck :(

Any help is really welcome :)

@Bilbotorm for CHD files to work we will take Beachspikers for an example.  You need the zip file for the game as well as the Chd.  Beachspikers is named beachspi.  So you need the beachspi.zip as well as the CHD which is named gds-0014.chd.  Make a folder called beachspi (named after the zip) and place the gds-0014.chd inside that folder unzipped, Now point LaunchBox to the beachspi.zip set emulator and the chd will work.  Do the same for all CHD games.

Edited by Maddoc1007

Very strange, I tried your tips, and the only thing that works for me, for example for beachspikers, is to have:

rom folder\beachspi\gds-0014.chd file +

rom folder\beachspi\beachspi.zip empty zip file. I created it, and I point LB to it to add the game.

And then it works.

without the empty zip file same as gamefolder name, DEmul can't find the game. If I remove the chd and put it in the beachspi.zip, same it does not work. If I try to zip the whole beachspi folder and leave the final zip file in rom folder, it doesnot work either.

Strange? Anyway, I managed to make it work, I just need to create fake zip files everywhere now :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 11/27/2016 at 5:13 PM, Maddoc1007 said:

@Bilbotorm for CHD files to work we will take Beachspikers for an example.  You need the zip file for the game as well as the Chd.  Beachspikers is named beachspi.  So you need the beachspi.zip as well as the CHD which is named gds-0014.chd.  Make a folder called beachspi (named after the zip) and place the gds-0014.chd inside that folder unzipped, Now point LaunchBox to the beachspi.zip set emulator and the chd will work.  Do the same for all CHD games.

I know this is old, but just got around to adding more Naomi 2 games...all work expect beach spikers. I'm doing exactly what you say above, but still tells me it cannot find the CHD...any ideas?