LaunchBox Community Forums

Skyrim Special Edition

Drybonz

welp, not happy with the new load order LOOT applied. Distant mountains that looked great now look awful. The raindrops hitting water surfaces no longer show and footsteps no longer work. No more tracks in the snow. Good thing I backed up my mods and load order in NMM the other day. I think I'll restore it and keep that load order. 

*edit

grrrrrrrr..........,

have to start over on my mod build that has 211 mods all playing nice due to S.E.P.T.I.M. guide. (I applied LOOT's mod order while manually moving the ones that needed it towards the bottom (RW2, Dust, etc. ) and wasn't happy with the outcome and restored mod/load order which didn't install everything either and am worried about specific mod overwrite order.)

My question is this -

delete everything and start from vanilla set up, or deactivate everything in "mods" tab in NMM and go through re-installing in order based on the S.E.P.T.I.M. guide to avoid having to re download everything?

Edited by alexis524

Saw this post in the SKSE64 reddit thread and thought it was worth posting here. It's from 2 days ago (11/30) from behippo (one of the SKSE devs):

"Alright - here is a smaller update than I was planning. A good deal more progress has been made. Since my last update I have done a first pass decoding of Spells, Magic Effects, References (TESObjectREFR, Actor, PlayerCharacter), ExtraData and the Inventory. I have successfully tested functions walking over the player's spells and printing out information about them. I have tested getting and setting various values on the Weapon class. I have decoded new information about Light objects (found while investigating magic effects.)

Some of the corresponding papyrus functions do not work right out of the box and will need investigating. Some examples: Spell.GetMagickaCost() doesn't seem to be returning the expected value; Actor.SheatheWeapon() doesn't seem to be working. The first is likely a decoding error or scripting error on my part (or the costs really are that low). The second error calls directly into a virtual function on the Actor class which may mean the virtual table layout changed which will take more investigation. None of the Inventory code has been tested yet.

So I didn't make enough progress to have a good enough set of interesting functions to do a demo video. I will work on that and hopefully will be at a point sometime next week. Brendan has been making progress on our plugin code and we may be able to show off a plugin in the video if the timing works out.

No matter where things stand I'll do another update early next week."

Glad to hear progress is being made!