LaunchBox Community Forums

Skyrim Special Edition

Drybonz

8 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

There's category buttons on the left that do this! No need to re-download everything, it re-assigns all of that info.

would that be the most recent build of NMM that i've been hesitant to download that has that button?

*edit

Brad,

answered my question and found that button. Sadly, it doesn't populate mod version numbers and mod authors, which is what I'm after as well.

**edit to my edit

w00t! i also found how to import that metadata as well by clicking the binoculars icon. :)

Edited by alexis524

2 minutes ago, alexis524 said:

I've been able to download links through NMM today without the update. I thought I saw a disclaimer that Nexus would attempt to redownload my mods and re-install and that scared me a bit. Or was that LOOT?? 

Bourbon and NMM don't mix well lately...

It does say that, but it works just fine usually.

now, if there was a way to have NMM automatically update your outdated mods for you, that'd be hella sweet.

*edit

i've downloaded and installed (i think) and update to one of my installed mods. The older version is grayed out and the newer updated mod, while installed, has the red disabled icon

next to it and clicking the green activate check mark will not turn the icon from red "no-no" to green "you're all good."  

Is the updated mod active or do i have to delete the old outdated mod? If so, will it delete any needed files/meshes/textures?

Edited by alexis524

Lord/Brad,

i posted this just a aminute ago on nexus' forums, and figured I may be able to get a quicker reply here.

I'm following the S.E.P.T.I.M. guide and just fininshed step 3. when scrolling through my installed mod page in NMM, I accidentaly clicked on the verdant mod and it unistalled that mod and now left with the red cirlce with a slash. I have 16 mods installed after it. What would be my next move to avoid starting from scratch? Just click install mod? delete any mods installed after verdant and reinstall? or other? Thank you very much in advance :)

Edited by alexis524

Just reinstall it by double clicking. If it pops up with any messages about overwriting just pick yes or no to mod depending on if you want its textures or models to be used or not. I don't know if the verdant grass mod uses an .esp plugin or not but if it does you may have to adjust it in the load order.

• Like 1

Do existing mods + NMM cross-over into the special edition? I've got 100+ mods installed via NMM for the normal version. Do Script Extender and ENB work for it? Elder Scrolls games are always a rabbit hole of modding for me and Skyrim is no exception, so if there's a way for me to just transfer my mods over to Special Edition that'd be awesome. Do existing save games work (I kindof doubt it, but I dunno)?

This wasn't something I'd really looked into at all previously because I didn't realize that existing Skyrim owners got the special edition for free.

Unfortunately not Zombeaver. There are alot of mods getting ported over for SSE at this point, but only a fraction. However, there are many mods for Oldrim that work within SSE at the moment. Best bet is to check the comments on mod page on Nexus to see if anyone has reported it working OK. 

I don't belive Oldrim saves are transferable either :(

Some mods do while some don't, it just depends on the mod and you really need to check. I am using some mods for the old version but they were ones confirmed to be working.

There is no script extender for the special edition yet but it is being worked on.

There is an ENB for it even though there is less of a need for it now since the special edition is much more stable and has much better lighting and shadows out of the box. ENB is still used to do some post processing effects but that is all it is needed for now.

I don't think old saves transfer over but maybe if it was a totally unmodded game it might.

22 minutes ago, alexis524 said:

Unfortunately not Zombeaver. There are alot of mods getting ported over for SSE at this point, but only a fraction. However, there are many mods for Oldrim that work within SSE at the moment. Best bet is to check the comments on mod page on Nexus to see if anyone has reported it working OK. 

I don't belive Oldrim saves are transferable either :(

18 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Some mods do while some don't, it just depends on the mod and you really need to check. I am using some mods for the old version but they were ones confirmed to be working.

There is no script extender for the special edition yet but it is being worked on.

Ouch. Well, I guess I'll give it some time then; for the script extender to be completed at the very least.

I suppose it's a good thing that I've used NMM from the beginning since that way I can at least see exactly what I have installed currently and jump straight to the relevant mod pages from there. I guess I'll just keep an eye on them.

14 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

There is an ENB for it even though there is less of a need for it now since the special edition is much more stable and has much better lighting and shadows out of the box. ENB is still used to do some post processing effects but that is all it is needed for now.

Could be. Somehow I doubt even with the upgrade it's going to have the sort of aesthetic I want out of the box though. I'm a huge fan of the Somber series of ENBs for Skyrim: