LaunchBox Community Forums

A Background Video for Rom Hacks?

In virtute Dei

Hey guys, I have recently decided to split my game collection from my ROM hacks and make them a separate platform in LB and BB, my question is, do any of you have a video that would work for something like that?  After searching you tube and emu movies, I haven't really found a platform video that was specifically dedicated to ROM hacks and was curious if anyone else has come across this dilemma as well.

• Like 2

I had inquired with @BakerMan on this since he has pretty great platform videos, but didn't have any artwork that might give him some inspiration, so, if you do, you might want to pass it over to him and maybe we'll see something awesome come about. I do the same thing myself, so I just have some gameplay clips that I recorded and spliced together for mine at the moment.

Anyway, if you have some stuff that might give BakerMan the inspiration, I'm sure he'd add one of these to his list.

His thread over this way ->

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
  • Like 1

This isn't every hack or fan-made I have, but I think it covers some of the more well know ones, so I'm going to list (from the games I have):

Kaizo Mario World (hack)

Kaizo Mario Bros. 3 (hack)

AM2R: Return of Samus (fan-made)

Castlevania II: Simons Quest Revamped (fan-made)

Castlevania: Chorus of Mysteries (hack)

Brutal Doom (technically a Doom Mod, but I still count it in my category)

Final Fantasy Tactics: Journey of the Five (hack)

Hyper Metroid (hack)

Metroid Super Zero Mission (hack)

Super Metroid Redesign (hack)

Paper Mario 3D Land (fan-made)

The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds Remodel (hack)

The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom (hack)

Mega Man Unlimited (fan-made)

Mortal Kombat: Outworld Assassins (technically an OpenBOR game, but I count it too)

The Legend of Princess (fan-made)

Black Mesa (technically a Half-Life 2 Mod and can be purchased through Steam now, too, but still started as a fan-made re-make of the original Half-Life... so counts times 3 to me!)

The Legend of Zelda: Outlands (hack)

I'm also going to toss in:

Nightmare Busters (previously unreleased for the SNES)

Star Fox 2 (previously unreleased for the SNES)

The Legend Of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets (released as an episodic, weekly downloadable game for the Satellaview for the Super Famicom)

I have mocked up box art and clear logos for just about every game above and will be making logos for the few that don't have anything and I can help with recording gameplay for some these too. Just let me know how you would like to coordinate it and maybe we can get enough stuff together to spur some interest in someone making a platform video. :)

Okay sweet @CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT, I'll get some of those hacks downloaded and I will see if i can do from recording on them and go from there, i know most of the platform videos usually have a mascot or two for the video, so figuring those out will be the fun part  :).

Edited by In virtute Dei
My Terrible Grammar.

21 hours ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

This isn't every hack or fan-made I have, but I think it covers some of the more well know ones, so I'm going to list (from the games I have):

Kaizo Mario World (hack)

Kaizo Mario Bros. 3 (hack)

AM2R: Return of Samus (fan-made)

Castlevania II: Simons Quest Revamped (fan-made)

Castlevania: Chorus of Mysteries (hack)

Brutal Doom (technically a Doom Mod, but I still count it in my category)

Final Fantasy Tactics: Journey of the Five (hack)

Hyper Metroid (hack)

Metroid Super Zero Mission (hack)

Super Metroid Redesign (hack)

Paper Mario 3D Land (fan-made)

The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds Remodel (hack)

The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom (hack)

Mega Man Unlimited (fan-made)

Mortal Kombat: Outworld Assassins (technically an OpenBOR game, but I count it too)

The Legend of Princess (fan-made)

Black Mesa (technically a Half-Life 2 Mod and can be purchased through Steam now, too, but still started as a fan-made re-make of the original Half-Life... so counts times 3 to me!)

The Legend of Zelda: Outlands (hack)

I'm also going to toss in:

Nightmare Busters (previously unreleased for the SNES)

Star Fox 2 (previously unreleased for the SNES)

The Legend Of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets (released as an episodic, weekly downloadable game for the Satellaview for the Super Famicom)

I have mocked up box art and clear logos for just about every game above and will be making logos for the few that don't have anything and I can help with recording gameplay for some these too. Just let me know how you would like to coordinate it and maybe we can get enough stuff together to spur some interest in someone making a platform video. :)

Im intrested in box art and clear logos for these games and more if you wanna share! Thanks

That would work; probably a good idea to have some variety. I have a few that I already recorded myself for the background video. I'll be including the ones I have with the box art and clear logos that I'll be uploading later tonight, though I should probably re-record them, so I might do that before uploading any videos.

@CriticalCid @BakerMan

What kind of stuff are you guys looking for as far as inspirational material to add this category to your list of potential platform videos?

• Like 1

Thanks, man! Hopefully it will help some folks out. If nothing else, we will be adding assets for things you can't generally scrape for. Let me know which games you aren't recording for and, if I have them, I'll make some gameplay snaps of them (don't have any N64 hacks, myself).

I'm going to inquire if this kind of thing could be added to the DB for scraping from within LB, too.