LaunchBox Community Forums

A Background Video for Rom Hacks?

In virtute Dei

Would be nice with a Hack/fan-made category in DB so we can add these in! Thanks for the boxes and logos! looks amazing bro

Some game tips for people that want more good games in this category:

Brawl-

Super Smash Land

Super Smash Flash 2

Super Pika Land Ultra

Super Mario Bros Crossover

Project M

A Goombas Walk

Super Mario 63

Super Mario RPG 2

Call of Cthulhu

Super Mario Bros X

Super Mario 64 Multiplayer

MariO

Psycho Waluigi

I will try my best to find box covers and clear logos for these. Dont know Photoshop so cant make them myself :(

Edit:

Is there anyone that know decent photoshop that can help me make some clear logos for the games above? It includes logos that can be used for clear logos, some box art i allready found, and some recourses that could be used to make box art. I would appreaticate every help :) And i will request a category for this in DB and add all games from this thread. This together with a platform video from CriticalKid can make BigBox the nr 1 stop for hacks.

Here is every logo you need:

rom_hacks.zip

Edited by gamerboii

18 hours ago, gamerboii said:

Would be nice with a Hack/fan-made category in DB so we can add these in! Thanks for the boxes and logos! looks amazing bro

Some game tips for people that want more good games in this category:

Brawl-

Super Smash Land

Super Smash Flash 2

Super Pika Land Ultra

Super Mario Bros Crossover

Project M

A Goombas Walk

Super Mario 63

Super Mario RPG 2

Call of Cthulhu

Super Mario Bros X

Super Mario 64 Multiplayer

MariO

Psycho Waluigi

I will try my best to find box covers and clear logos for these. Dont know Photoshop so cant make them myself :(

Edit:

Is there anyone that know decent photoshop that can help me make some clear logos for the games above? It includes logos that can be used for clear logos, some box art i allready found, and some recourses that could be used to make box art. I would appreaticate every help :) And i will request a category for this in DB and add all games from this thread. This together with a platform video from CriticalKid can make BigBox the nr 1 stop for hacks.

Here is every logo you need:

rom_hacks.zip

Are you just wanting clear logos? Some of the art in the zip is already a clear logo (Super Mario Bros. X and Super Mario RPG 2, for example). I can take a crack at what you're wanting; just checking if clear logo wheel art is what you after for  these games

• Like 1

I updated the archive with a couple new items and cleaned up the Super Metroid Redesign logo and Black Mesa Box a bit more (noticed some lines and such that I somehow didn't notice yesterday). The new items are for Mario Kart R and Mario Adventure (boxes and logos). I will periodically update the thread below as I get more art for things that I add to my collection.

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

On 9.12.2016 at 3:40 AM, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

Are you just wanting clear logos? Some of the art in the zip is already a clear logo (Super Mario Bros. X and Super Mario RPG 2, for example). I can take a crack at what you're wanting; just checking if clear logo wheel art is what you after for  these games

Yes! Clear logos :)

I will try to get boxes for all games and share my video snaps aswell.

Edit:

Could you try making a clear logo for this hack aswell? (Great game btw. Recomended). I wil include a box aswell if anyone wanna add it to their collection.

NINTENDO64--Super Mario Star Road  Multiplayer_Mar12 19_35_49.png.jpg

Super Mario Star Road-full.jpg

Edited by gamerboii

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 1:04 AM, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

This isn't every hack or fan-made I have, but I think it covers some of the more well know ones, so I'm going to list (from the games I have):

Kaizo Mario World (hack)

Kaizo Mario Bros. 3 (hack)

AM2R: Return of Samus (fan-made)

Castlevania II: Simons Quest Revamped (fan-made)

Castlevania: Chorus of Mysteries (hack)

Brutal Doom (technically a Doom Mod, but I still count it in my category)

Final Fantasy Tactics: Journey of the Five (hack)

Hyper Metroid (hack)

Metroid Super Zero Mission (hack)

Super Metroid Redesign (hack)

Paper Mario 3D Land (fan-made)

The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds Remodel (hack)

The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom (hack)

Mega Man Unlimited (fan-made)

Mortal Kombat: Outworld Assassins (technically an OpenBOR game, but I count it too)

The Legend of Princess (fan-made)

Black Mesa (technically a Half-Life 2 Mod and can be purchased through Steam now, too, but still started as a fan-made re-make of the original Half-Life... so counts times 3 to me!)

The Legend of Zelda: Outlands (hack)

I'm also going to toss in:

Nightmare Busters (previously unreleased for the SNES)

Star Fox 2 (previously unreleased for the SNES)

The Legend Of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets (released as an episodic, weekly downloadable game for the Satellaview for the Super Famicom)

I have mocked up box art and clear logos for just about every game above and will be making logos for the few that don't have anything and I can help with recording gameplay for some these too. Just let me know how you would like to coordinate it and maybe we can get enough stuff together to spur some interest in someone making a platform video. :)

I just released a media pack for Hyper Metroid if anyone is interested in using it. Plan on doing more of these soon if there is any interest. Done a few already that can be found in the downloads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riffman81 said:

I just released a media pack for Hyper Metroid if anyone is interested in using it. Plan on doing more of these soon if there is any interest. Done a few already that can be found in the downloads.

I just downloaded Hyper Metroid and the theme video you did for Mega Man Universe. Great job on these man! And much appreciated!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

I just downloaded Hyper Metroid and the theme video you did for Mega Man Universe. Great job on these man! And much appreciated!

Thanks! Going to be working on the Castlevania and Zelda games here soon so be on the lookout for those. Will also be doing some more NES hacks while working on recording HyperSpin game themes. Recording these themes are my main focus at the moment but I will be giving ROM hacks/mods and fan-made PC titles some love as well! Glad to see they will be used :)

1 minute ago, Riffman81 said:

Thanks! Going to be working on the Castlevania and Zelda games here soon so be on the lookout for those. Will also be doing some more NES hacks while working on recording HyperSpin game themes. Recording these themes are my main focus at the moment but I will be giving ROM hacks/mods and fan-made PC titles some love as well! Glad to see they will be used :)

Yeah, surprisingly (to me) it doesn't seem to be a super popular category, but I will definitely appreciate getting more (better) media to make it look spiffy. I already downloaded the themes you did for SNES from EmuMovies FTP, so look forward to whatever you put out next!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

Yeah, surprisingly (to me) it doesn't seem to be a super popular category, but I will definitely appreciate getting more (better) media to make it look spiffy. I already downloaded the themes you did for SNES from EmuMovies FTP, so look forward to whatever you put out next!

I've always been a fan of the ROM hacking scene. Worked on a few hacks myself back in the day (as well as beta testing quite a lot of them) and to me, hacks/mods help give new, fresh experiences for older games and consoles so I'm definitely a fan of anything that helps keep those older platforms alive and kicking! Working on finishing up themes for NES and them I'll be moving on to N64, Genesis, etc.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Should have this one finished up sometime tomorrow along with Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom. With Rogue Dawn, I'll be doing two sets of box art. The alternate set will be a throwback to the original silver 1st release of the original Metroid. Thinking of starting a new thread specifically for ROM hacks, translations, and other fan-made projects/games that way I'll have a better grasp of what others are playing and what they would like artwork packs for if this is something the community would be interested in? There doesn't seem to be too much interest in the ROM hacking scene or fan-made games and I think one of the reasons for that is because art is scarce and not readily available. I'm hoping to change that by doing what I'm doing. There are lots of hacks being put onto reproduction carts and the art for those will serve as a great starting point to knock more of these out but there are still many great hacks and homebrew/fan-made games out there that need attention. Hopefully I can get others on board who include these games in their setups :)

I will have to take a slight break on these soon though as I still have many platforms to do still with recording HyperSpin themes, but I will certainly continue making these and uploading them here for all to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think this is a great idea @Riffman81 and is a area that does need some attention as trying to find all the media for these games are hard work, I am trying to learn how to do stuff like this and I am only a beginner at the moment but will be happy to help as I get better in the future :)

In regards to this thread I think we are in desperate need of a platform video for Rom Hacks & Fan-Made as there is nothing out there at all at the moment, fingers crossed one of our skilled artists can do one soon :D

Edited by BlueArrowUK
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, BlueArrowUK said:

I think this is a great idea @Riffman81 and is a area that does need some attention as trying to find all the media for these games are hard work, I am trying to learn how to do stuff like this and I am only a beginner at the moment but will be happy to help as I get better in the future :)

In regards to this thread I think we are in desperate need of a platform video for Rom Hacks & Fan-Made as there is nothing out there at all at the moment, fingers crossed one of our skilled artists can do one soon :D

Has the platform video idea been mentioned at all to @BakerMan or @Nyny77? I'd love to do one but in all seriousness I have bit off more then I can chew at the moment with work I'm doing with EmuMovies, HyperSpin theme videos, and trying to keep up on ROM hacks, and not to mention real-life things as I'm about to be a father again for the 5th time. Also, I'm afraid I couldn't do as good a job as those guys could do as I don't have the Adobe programs they use to make those cinematic videos :(

With that being said, the media pack for Metroid - Rogue Dawn is uploaded! Enjoy :)

• Like 2

Your doing a great job doing what your doing @Riffman81 and I get where your coming from being a Dad myself balancing hobbies with real-life things is hard work so I can only give you respect for the work that you do here and the same to our other skilled artists in this community :)

I'm not sure if anything has been said to @Nyny77 or @BakerMan yet but I would love to see both those guys make a theme for it as they both have the own unique styles :D

Thanks for the Metroid Rouge Dawn pack @Riffman81 I'm downloading it now 

• Like 1

My offer is still on the table. If you guys provide me all the needed source files I'll build you a unified theme video for this platform.

The structure of the unified themes is pretty simple, so with the right images I could create some new ones for you.  I will do all your requests BUT you have to provide me all of the following source files:

- Neutral Background image (no characters, consoles or controller). If possible in 1920x1080.

- Gameplay platform video (NO trailer / features at least 3 or more games)

- Clear Logo (transparent background / high resolution)

- 2 characters of popular hacks. Maybe characters which are featured in the gameplay video as well? (transparent background / high resolution)

I have zero Photoshop skills, so all images already have to be properly edited to fit the requirements or I have to refuse your request

If you speak of the devil… I just saw this thread pop-up over at the HyperSpin forums. Maybe it is helpful for all of you guys.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/30288-game-hacks-collection/

Nevertheless, I just did a quick record of the provided Unified System Theme. Full credit go to Jumpman311, Aorin and Wertredgreen for it!

Game Hacks.mp4

• Like 4