LaunchBox Community Forums

Another Rocket Launcher demo

Omen

After seeing jaythompson's awesome RLauncher demo, I figured I'd post my own. I have a love/hate relationship with RLauncher, but I do feel it adds a lot to the LB experience, especially Fade Screens and the Pause menu. Not only can you customize fade in and fade out screens on a per platform level, but also on a per game level, which I highlight toward the end of the video. About halfway through the video I show off Game Manual support, which you can use in game via RLauncher's pause menu, which is also highly customizable. The video is 5 minutes long but I think it's worth it. If anyone is having issues with RLauncher let me know, I'll help the best I can.

RLauncher Demo (If stuff seems slow or fast at times, it's because of OBS recording):

Edited by OmenBoy
  • Like 4

Thanks guys :) Yeah I made the bezels and load screens, I'll release a pack once I'm finished, which should be soon. I'll also include templates to make it easier to make your own, and a bezel pack for RetroArch, for those who just don't want to deal with Rocket Launcher.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, OmenBoy said:

Thanks guys :) Yeah I made the bezels and load screens, I'll release a pack once I'm finished, which should be soon. I'll also include templates to make it easier to make your own, and a bezel pack for RetroArch, for those who just don't want to deal with Rocket Launcher.

I literrally cannot wait, I think it's time to migrate from my trusty 360 controllers to XBONE controllers just for this artwork :P

Edited by zetec-s-joe
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

I literrally cannot wait, I think it's time to migrate from my trusty 360 controllers to XBONE controllers just for this artwork :P

Haha I feel you on that, I originally made everything with the 360 controller, and ended up redoing it all with the XBone controller. I only have 360 controllers at the moment, but i'll probably upgrade to XBone controllers in the future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OmenBoy said:

Haha I feel you on that, I originally made everything with the 360 controller, and ended up redoing it all with the XBone controller. I only have 360 controllers at the moment, but i'll probably upgrade to XBone controllers in the future.

Haha, foward thinking though!

• Like 1

I recently discovered RL and I'm currently developing that love/hate relationship [emoji23].

I think the pause menu is absolutely essential to a large setup; unifying the save, load, and shut-down options across multiple emulators.

It's great to have someone with RL experience around, I look forward to your pause template!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@jaythompson & @OmenBoy - Have either of you found a good solution for the media naming issue between RocketLauncher and Launchbox?

RocketLauncher is super strict about media titles (boxes, pics, background) being specific (I use the hyperlist naming convention for my roms) .The Launchbox media pulled from Emumovies or the database doesn't follow the hyperlist naming conventions and I have to re-name each piece of media manually, this is a pain and super time-consuming.

Just wondering if you have ran into this, and what you did to fix it?

@OmenBoy thanks for the video. I had Rocket Launcher set up from my HyperSpin setup but I recently changed over to use LB/BB as my new go-to front-end.

One question I have was the button you used for the Pause menu. Your bezels show the Home button. Have you managed to map the Guide button on the Xbox controllers? I think that is the ideal button to use, but it cannot be mapped in Windows or with a 3rd party tool like xpadder.

I have some basic Rocket Launcher knowledge so I'd be happy to answer any questions I can.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Owls21 said:

@OmenBoy thanks for the video. I had Rocket Launcher set up from my HyperSpin setup but I recently changed over to use LB/BB as my new go-to front-end.

One question I have was the button you used for the Pause menu. Your bezels show the Home button. Have you managed to map the Guide button on the Xbox controllers? I think that is the ideal button to use, but it cannot be mapped in Windows or with a 3rd party tool like xpadder.

I have some basic Rocket Launcher knowledge so I'd be happy to answer any questions I can.

I USE a DS4 and my home button is map-able just like any other button on the controller.

2 things I would check:

1. Disable windows 10 DVR / Game Bar
  2. Use Joy2Key instead of xpadder w/Rocketlauncher
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Owls21 said:

Theres also a windows program called antimicro that allows you to map the Guide button without doing anything else, if you leave the rest as default and just map the guide button it should work fine with whatever other map software you use.

I use to use it and set the guide button as quit game by holding for 3 seconds xD

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 2:46 PM, Owls21 said:

No problem, I'm glad you liked it! I used to use Controller Companion from Steam to map the guide button to the keyboard key that activates Pause. But recently I got JoyToKey working with RLauncher, and it's a lot better of a setup, especially if you want your setup portable. If using JoyToKey make sure to go to Settings(Gear Icon)/Mapping in RL and enable Key Mapper, then set Keymapper to "JoyToKey". Then go to the section Keymapper (Controller icon) and configure JoyToKey from there, ZAdd and onfigure "RocketLauncher" first, that will control what the controller does in Pause. THen add and configure "_Default" Which will control what the buttons do the rest of the time, so you want your "_Default" config to only map the Xbox Guide button, nothing else, as this config will be active while playing games. Then when you hit the Guide button and load Pause, the config will switch to the "RocketLauncher" config.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

38 minutes ago, OmenBoy said:

No problem, I'm glad you liked it! I used to use Controller Companion from Steam to map the guide button to the keyboard key that activates Pause. But recently I got JoyToKey working with RLauncher, and it's a lot better of a setup, especially if you want your setup portable. If using JoyToKey make sure to go to Settings(Gear Icon)/Mapping in RL and enable Key Mapper, then set Keymapper to "JoyToKey". Then go to the section Keymapper (Controller icon) and configure JoyToKey from there, ZAdd and onfigure "RocketLauncher" first, that will control what the controller does in Pause. THen add and configure "_Default" Which will control what the buttons do the rest of the time, so you want your "_Default" config to only map the Xbox Guide button, nothing else, as this config will be active while playing games. Then when you hit the Guide button and load Pause, the config will switch to the "RocketLauncher" config.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

This should come in handy in the future, thanks alot

• Like 1