LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME 182 - several roms not working

ckp

I tried EmuLoader. That's very useful to have, thanks!

For ultimate mortal combat 3, umk3.zip, i have the rom from the 180 full set which is 21MB, but I see there is an update for umk3.zip in the 181 updates, but it's only 1KB? I guess that's why my umk3 isn't working? 

How do I update the 180 to have the 181 update since the 181 update can't be the whole game since the file is so small. I'm not sure what I need to do for this one?

after all this, looks like i'm going to try following the steps to update my 180 set to 182 using clrmamepro , just to make sure everything is truly in good shape. so, that's my next adventure on this...

edit: i think my mame set is a split set, so maybe that has something to do with missing files.

Edited by ckp

Split set is just fine, for the most part, but don't get it for the .182 version. If you're using CLRMAMEPro to update, it might be good to go, but .182 full split set (at least from the dome), is broken. I had to get the .182 non-merged set which is the most compatible set ever made, but it's also double in size.

I rebuilt my set as a split set using the MAME.exe (in CLRMAMEPro) itself and my ROM set didn't change anything but the games listed and came back as complete on audit so split is still going to be what it always has been.

Edited by DOS76

ok, i launched, added a coin to, and began every single game in the all killer no filler set using 182 split set roms.

after adding tons of missing files, i have created a new all killer no filler batch file that will copy everything you need for all the games to really work.

i added the batch file in my post to the all killer no filler thread:

• 3 weeks later...

If you get the Non-merged set you will still need the CHD files they are separate me personally I wouldn't get the non-merged set at all but there where a few files that were messed up in the 182 split set so I would just wait the two weeks and get the 183 split set when it is released. MAME romsets are by the nature of MAME filled with all types of junk with the non-merged set you are just getting duplicates of a bunch of unusable junk and that isn't for me its bad enough I keep it around just to keep the ROMs complete as is with all the mahjong fruit games and poker stuff plus the endless calculators and shit that come with the MESS ROMs that are included.

• Like 1