LaunchBox Community Forums

Notes Box

tSRDazz

Hey guys,

I've just started using LaunchBox, and I can already tell you that it is beyond all other applications. Management is a complete cinch!

My only issue I've conceived so far is that while I can add a tonne of emulators to the application, some of my games are stored in compressed archives while aren't. This isn't a problem, but what is is remember how I'm handling some of these things on the backend.

For example, while I have retroarch extracting archives prior to booting them, I have PCSX2 not doing so, and instead having the emulator handle the decompression with their own method. I also know that I've modified the data of some of the games in my collection for one reason or another. It'd be nice if, within the menus for emulators and games, I was able to leave myself helpful little notes to review if I ever encounter and issue and need to change anything. I know that this is kind of technically possible with a commented out message within the autokey header, but I'd rather avoid that for the sake of keeping things clean.

I'm not sure if this is really a feature that people are going to want, as I know that we could just keep a little notepad file somewhere, but I thought it might help people who are arranging complex setups.

Cheers,

Dazz

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
25 minutes ago, bikeking8 said:

Real late to the party, but I can see how this would be great for arcade games too like Teknoparrot's per-game weirdness and even maybe MAME. Has this been implemented in some way, have you found a way to do this?

It has not as it was never really put through the proper feature request option so it never gained attention of users and the devs. 

Best thing for anyone to do when looking to request a feature is use the link located under the Help & Support section at the top of the forum. Its helps us track them better and the more users vote for it the better chance it gets looked into. Once a ticket is made I always recommend posting about it on the forum so others are aware of it. 

• Thanks 1

Can anybody recommend a theme that allows you to manually edit what displays on startup screens? The issue was closed due to this capability but I can't figure this out. Are we sure we can edit what displays on the loading screen on a per-game basis or should this be another feature request?

2 hours ago, bikeking8 said:

Can anybody recommend a theme that allows you to manually edit what displays on startup screens? The issue was closed due to this capability but I can't figure this out. Are we sure we can edit what displays on the loading screen on a per-game basis or should this be another feature request?

Startup themes can only be altered by editing the code in the theme's xml file. Exactly like if you wanted to alter how a BigBox theme actually looked. There are not actual settings in the LB or BB UI you can select to alter.

Then it sounds like #2351 may be what we're looking for. The last comment on that refers to a missing YT video regarding RocketLauncher, but I think the original intent of the request was to add it to the Launchbox UI. Thanks in advance for the consideration, I've seen this idea floating around for a while, e.g. this post as well.

Edited by bikeking8
Additional context

8 minutes ago, bikeking8 said:

Then it sounds like #2351 may be what we're looking for. The last comment on that refers to a missing YT video regarding RocketLauncher, but I think the original intent of the request was to add it to the Launchbox UI. Thanks in advance for the consideration, I've seen this idea floating around for a while.

There are some Pause themes that offer a way to show controller mapping images. There might be a Startup one also. Do not remember. I use both a startup and pause version as sometimes the startup does not stay long enough and users forget what button was what.

• Thanks 1