LaunchBox Community Forums

How to set up the new Multiple Rom feature?

heelsinc

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

New beta will be out very shortly that combines existing collections. :)

Cool cant wait, I'm just wondering If in the Game Edit panel you could add the option to manually merge it with another game, there is some games in my ZX Spectrum collection that it did not merge automatically, it could be because different publishers per region, I'm not exactly sure why, any way manual merging would be useful for games that were given a totally different name per region/country, but are identical otherwise.

I'm sure there is other use cases for such a feature that other will have.

Edited by brainimpact

56 minutes ago, brainimpact said:

Cool cant wait, I'm just wondering If in the Game Edit panel you could add the option to manually merge it with another game, there is some games in my ZX Spectrum collection that it did not merge automatically, it could be because different publishers per region, I'm not exactly sure why, any way manual merging would be useful for games that were given a totally different name per region/country, but are identical otherwise.

I'm sure there is other use cases for such a feature that other will have.

@brainimpact Yup, that is planned.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

New beta will be out very shortly that combines existing collections. :)

Hurry up!!!!!!  :D

Thanks this feature makes it so much easier to navigate collections and will clean things up so much faster then the deleting that I have been working on for each platform.

I'll need information on the ROM files @bundangdon in order to figure out what is causing it not to display version information. What were the ROM file names for those ROMs?

@cZ8tL and @bundangdon, are you guys both on the official 7.7 release? Did you perform the import and or consolidations with the release version or a previous beta version?

I skipped beta releases, it was on 7.7 existing platform.

Next issue - I know that I can do it via Audit, but adding some "result log" or preview to consolidate would be nice. It would allow me check database errors before merging. For example:

Radar (USA).a26

Radar Lock (USA).a26

are different games but got merged because import gave them same DatabaseID - 33467.