LaunchBox Community Forums

Imported my Arcade Collection, nothing runs

chapel

.182 split should be fine, how did you upgrade? If you found a .182 split rom pack then you also need MAME .182, and just start fresh. The current is .184, but I've been having issues with .183 and .184 on a split set, so I do recommend non-merged set for those 2 versions, which is new as of .183. It's double in size though. If you haven't updated your MAME version, start there first.

If LB already has a  xml file for the platform then adding your new roms to that preexisting rom path LB is expecting should work without any additional changes being made in LB especially since its MAME and the naming is a consistent thing that can only be one thing.

Yea, I only suggest users keep stuff all on the same drive if they want relative paths, but if you don't have the space or for what ever reason you want to keep games on a different hard drive, then so be it. Like monkus said, you can keep them where ever makes sense. What we suggest are only suggestions, not something you HAVE to do.

Yeah, so I'm going to extract everything and delete my Arcade library from LaunchBox and start again.

I followed the instructions in the video, but even known good MAME games weren't working.

If my ROMS are .161, should I be using the MAME 161 emulator in LaunchBox?

Where should my CHDs be?

Edited by chapel

assuming you have the correct romset and version of mame etc. you should try to open mame outside of launchbox and set the default rom path to wherever your roms are.   It was doing the same thing for me but when I set the path it fixed the problem.   the CHDs should be in the same folder as the roms but leave the CHDs in their individual folders

1 minute ago, chapel said:

Awesome. it works now, just displaying on the wrong screen

How do I go back and populate more media files? I only chose the Box Front.

Click arcade on the left of the screen, then click a game and ctrl a to highlight them all, then go to tools, download metadata and images.