LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch To Switch Cores

gradientpixel

Up until a few days ago I didnt seem to have a problem using Retroarch between different emulation cores. I thought at first it was just me trying to reorganize my platform folders but to get to the point I noticed that when I try to play NES, SNES, or Sega Genesis that nothing would happen except the cursor would indicate something was loading then stop. No errors or anything else. However I could play PS1 and N64 fine. Today I discovered it appears that RetroArch may not be switching to the appropriate core for that platform. I discovered this by right-clicking on a game then running RetroArch and verrified which core was loaded then load the core if needed. 

My two questions are:

Shouldn't Retroarch normally switch cores where I didnt have this problem previously?

Is there a certain code to run where it would auto select the required core for a specific platform? 

Thanks in advance for all help. 

some of the cores have changed names or if you are using other cores than the default ones setup in LB. Have you gone into edit emulators and checked if the associate platform core setting match the core names that are in your cores subfolder in your RA folder

Edited by DOS76

Some of the platform names might be slightly different too, which also need to be updated. The default platform names have also changed (this has happened to SNES and I'm not sure it was updated). So make sure the names match as well. The other bit they're talking about is the -L command make sure -L "cores\insert_core_name.dll" is set properly.

Ok awesome. Thanks. Everything was correct for the core names being associated with the -L command however I did notice one of my cores was unchecked as a default which could have been where I installed a different emulator for the same platform.

It would be nice to see a bulk edit for using the custom command-line parameters; unless there is a way I am not aware of.