LaunchBox Community Forums

Tiger Game.com

angelobodetti

Yea, I was gonna say MESS too, but after looking it doesn't seem to be working. Use Ctrl+F and look for "game.com". You could still try, this list may not have been updated in a while. If you want to give it a try, make sure to add the associated platform line "gamecom -cart1". If your roms are in bin or tgc, you're good to go. Also, make sure the platform name matches as well.

I have this working in Mess 0.177, so I suspect in will work in Mame as well.
You will need the bios file "gamecom.zip" which contains the "internal.bin" and "external.bin" files, place this zip file in the roms folder of mess or mame.
Then configure the launchbox emulator associated platform with a default command line parameter of "gamecom -cart1"
When you load a game it does warn you that the emulator is not complete, but it does work.
You have to select the cartridge option to load the game when the emulator starts, I find I have to press the fire button I have configured several times quickly to get the cartridge to load, it seems a bit unresponsive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

If you have a MAME split rom set (174 to 181), or a non-merged set (182-183) and maybe even a split set for 182 and 183, then you have all the software list BIOS available to you. So there's no need to go track them down if you already have them. I have several MESS tutorials up on our channel, just pass the proper commands that I then kevd555 posted and you're good. I wonder why it's listed broken if it works though...

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old topic but I'm having trouble getting Game.com to work.

- I'm using the MAME (0.193) core

- I used clrmamepro to rename all my roms using the No-Intro dat file e.g. Sonic Jam (USA) .tgc is compressed inside Sonic Jam (USA).7z

- I placed the bios "gamecom.zip" in the root of the "RetroArch/System" folder

- I tried two different command lines on the retroarch / Associated Platforms tab but neither worked

-L "cores\mame_libretro.dll"

-L "cores\mame_libretro.dll" "gamecom -cart1"

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Digging up this topic. Does anyone have a working set up of Game.com currently?
I did have it working ages ago on the leaked official emulator, but for some reason that doesn't work anymore and I wanted to move it to run via Retroarch anyway.

I've followed most guides I found (very few) and all I get is RA launching with just a black screen.

Any help would be great, thanks :)

47 minutes ago, polygonslayer said:

Does anyone have a working set up of Game.com currently?

I do. But it's for stand-alone MAME.  You'll need gamecom.zip in your roms folder.  Then of course the game ROMs (and their path added to the rompath in mame.ini).

The command line is "gamecom -cart1".  But also simply "gamecom" will work.  The full command to run Sonic Jam would be

mame.exe gamecom -cart1 sonicjam

OR

mame.exe gamecom sonicjam

If you have other MAME softlists set up in RetroArch, you should be able to see how they're setup, and (sorta) copy that.  I don't use RA for MAME at all what-so-ever. So can't help any further with that.

(Back the stand-alone MAME) If you had LB setup your MAME emulator, I believe the default command line sets the rompath to the games ROM.zip (sonicjam.zip) folder. In that case, you'll need gamecom.zip to be placed in the same folder that your gamecom game ROMs are in.  (Which is actually a bit easier than messing with mame.ini)

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, polygonslayer said:

Yeah, this is what I tried to do with MAME in RA, but I'm not able to get it working. I might just have to use standalone MAME for this instead. Cheers :)
If anyone does know how to get it working in RA though, that would be great.

I was having the same issue, and it turns out I had the wrong BIOS files. Look for GoodGCOM on the Internet Archive. SOTN works fine, but wow is it clunky.

• Thanks 1