LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox won't open after last update

Emulation_Guru

• 6 months later...

I just had this issue, but mine said Jason Carr conflicted copy.  Neither launchbox nor BIgBox EXE would launch at all.  So I went to my update folders and installed the updated beta versions.  LOST ALL OF MY CONFIGS....EVERY PLATFORM, game info, box, etc....ALL GONE.  My soul is crushed.  I can't even keep count on how many hours it took to get this all set up the way I wanted.  Now I have to start over from scratch.  @Jason Carr is there ANY way I can recover my set ups?

3 hours ago, mr 2fngrz said:

I just had this issue, but mine said Jason Carr conflicted copy.  Neither launchbox nor BIgBox EXE would launch at all.  So I went to my update folders and installed the updated beta versions.  LOST ALL OF MY CONFIGS....EVERY PLATFORM, game info, box, etc....ALL GONE.  My soul is crushed.  I can't even keep count on how many hours it took to get this all set up the way I wanted.  Now I have to start over from scratch.  @Jason Carr is there ANY way I can recover my set ups?

There is no reason that you should lose all your data and images. Are you sure you reinstalled to the correct location? Maybe you installed it a level up, so now have a Launchbox folder in your Launchbox folder, I have seen people do this before when installing over the top of a current install.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mr 2fngrz said:

@Jason CarrI did and was unable to recover my previous settings so I'm just going to start over.  It sucks but I enjoy LB too much to not have it set up.  I run all my games through it.  The problem I'm facing now is that BB won't launch. I've removed the erroneous exe and no dice.  Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? 

When you say Bigbox won't launch what do you mean exactly? As I previously stated there is no reason for all of your settings and images to vanish, it just doesn't happen. So I am confused.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

When you say Bigbox won't launch what do you mean exactly? As I previously stated there is no reason for all of your settings and images to vanish, it just doesn't happen. So I am confused.

I didn't say they vanished.  I said I cannot recover them.  I am not able to load my back up settings and have them work.  As far as BB, not to sound rude but it's exactly that.  It won't launch.  Neither from LB, BB shortcut, nor will it launch from the exe inside of the BB folder

Not to sound rude, but,

5 minutes ago, mr 2fngrz said:

As far as BB, not to sound rude but it's exactly that.  It won't launch.  Neither from LB, BB shortcut, nor will it launch from the exe inside of the BB folder

This was exactly my question. :) 

8 minutes ago, mr 2fngrz said:

I didn't say they vanished.  I said I cannot recover them.

So are the images still on your drive, or not?

Yes, I believe all of the artwork is there.  I work a lot now so I've only had time to reconfigure my pc games.  I just downloaded the artwork from the LDB.  I'll know for sure when I start on my emulators.  Any tips on getting BB to launch?  And thanks for responding, I really appreciate it.  

i didn't read this whole thread, but if nothing happens when you try to launch BB, try right clicking on the bigbox.exe file and going to properties. see if there is an Unblock button and click that. if that's not it, try running it with no anti virus type software to see if maybe that is blocking it. if neither of those work, i'd just suggest you reinstall Launchbox to the same folder and then try to launch it.

• Like 2

Thank you guys for the help.  Gonna try to see what I can get accomplished when I get home from work tonight.  I may have to delete it and reinstall.  I'm kinda worried about my license though.  I have a forever license, but I tried moving the license from the og folder then back, and tried launching BB again.  It said my license wasn't valid for that version.  A clean slate will probably be needed.  Love LB/BB too much to get rid of it.  My entire HTPC is setup around it lol