LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 10 Creator's Update

angelobodetti

4 hours ago, Nite said:

Bit of  a late reply I guess however there's some PowerShell scripts over on Github to assist with a bit of debloating on Windows 10, just make sure to read through the known issues and maybe make a system restore point or backup before testing them out (just in case you don't like the changes or something goes wrong). I've successfully used all of the scripts except his optimize windows update, optimize user interface and experimental unf* scripts. The block telemetry, disable services and remove default apps scripts would be of interest to you if you'd like to look at disabling/removing unnecessary "features". You can also open the scripts in Notepad++ or PowerShell ISE to modify what the scripts will disable/remove (for instance in case it might disable a service which you make use of). Also look at disabling that annoying feature where Windows 10 decides to install apps it thinks you might enjoy, like Candy Crush or Minecraft ¬¬

Remember to make a backup, I doubt you'll run into any issues however I'd hate to be blamed if something does go wrong :S

Ive always used at Programme Called NTLite, to remove all the crap Microsoft puts into its operating systems, so it does run faster and smoother.

Been using since XP.

It can be downloaded from here: https://www.ntlite.com/

On 4/14/2017 at 1:59 AM, Seymour said:

I have noticed that opening launchbox now makes windows show the game bar, which means, I believe, that windows now detects LB as a game when previously it was not. My nvidia drivers are 376.53 (outdated a couple of months)

Sin título-2.png

Apart from that no problems at all.

I just updated to the Creator's Update and just turned the Game Bar Function off in settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Brad. Forgive me if this a very n00b question, but, can i roll back to a previous update in LB?

On a quasi-related note, RL has been doing the same thing prior to my W10 update. I was encouraged there to re-install all.my.VC redist's which was...painful to hear. I've gone without RL for the time being, but since it's similar behaviour now in LB, I think i might have to entertain that thought.

Yea it might be a good idea to re-install dependencies if more than one program is doing it. I have no clue if that will fix things, but it's something to try. As for going to an older version of LaunchBox, open your LaunchBox/Updates folder, sort it by date, and the newest exe in there will be the latest beta you've downloaded. Go back as many as you want. The official releases will be in there too, but they're not marked, so it might be better to download the official release from the site again. Install that on top of your current install, and it will revert back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Yea it might be a good idea to re-install dependencies if more than one program is doing it. I have no clue if that will fix things, but it's something to try. As for going to an older version of LaunchBox, open your LaunchBox/Updates folder, sort it by date, and the newest exe in there will be the latest beta you've downloaded. Go back as many as you want. The official releases will be in there too, but they're not marked, so it might be better to download the official release from the site again. Install that on top of your current install, and it will revert back.

When it comes to reinstalling my dependencies, is there a suggested method?

door #1 - delete all enmasse that appear in my programs list in Control Panel and then re-install all, or

door #2 - delete and then re-install one by one?

Ok, I've reinstalled everything VC++ starting from the oldest set (2005) up to the most recent and installing first the 32-bit package and then the 64-bit on top and still get the same behaviour in LB, but not RL, which is odd, but not complaining since that problem is solved, but LB is still closing itselft out whenever i click on any title.

Is there a crash log that might be able to tell me what seems to be the problem?

Edited by alexis524