LaunchBox Community Forums

Epoch09 Theme Support

eatkinola

3 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Since the one face is built into the background image, I thought perhaps this was just the only version for this screen that you had available. In case that's true, I went ahead and did my own quick edit of it.

Yes, and while I'm decent with photo editing I'm not that great. Thanks for the background edit. I agree it's much nicer without the face elements (though I was a little fond of the graffiti face). I'll use your bg edit when I make an update.

3 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Secondly, I think both this screen and the one with the TV are begging to have some dust particles composited in. Something like this. If adding it as a separate layer isn't doable (I know absolutely zero about XAML mind you), I'd be happy to do a composite render that I assume could be used in place of the static image.

That's a great idea. I can simply layer the particle video with some transparency. It'll consume some extra cpu cycles but should work fine. It would likely be more resource friendly if overlaid as an animated gif.

PS. I've been planning to come back to this theme and make an update, plus have a few views to add. I've been sidetracked by work on another theme and some plugin controls, including a video engine @CriticalCid has done a phenomenal job helping me debug and refine. Once I finish, I'll pull some of those design elements back into Epoch09.

8 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Yes, and while I'm decent with photo editing I'm not that great. Thanks for the background edit. I agree it's much nicer without the face elements (though I was a little fond of the graffiti face). I'll use your bg edit when I make an update.

That's a great idea. I can simply layer the particle video with some transparency. It'll consume some extra cpu cycles but should work fine. It would likely be more resource friendly if overlaid as an animated gif.

PS. I've been planning to come back to this theme and make an update, plus have a few views to add. I've been sidetracked by work on another theme and some plugin controls, including a video engine @CriticalCid has done a phenomenal job helping me debug and refine. Once I finish, I'll pull some of those design elements back into Epoch09.

That sounds great!

I'll go ahead and make a couple mock-up composites with different particle videos to see what you think. I've got several to try.

• 2 years later...