LaunchBox Community Forums

[Solved] Cannot launch RetroArch from newest version of LaunchBox

Quartz

I'm using the lastest version of LaunchBox.  Followed the instructions to launch from RetroArch from this youtube video:

I believe my issue is my associated platforms for SNES is:  

Super Nintendo Entertainment System -L "cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll" -c "RetroArch-0509-140245..cfg" True

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Quartz

Edited by Quartz

The first thing that stands out to me is your config file.

First question, is your cfg file located in your Retroarch folder where the retroarch.exe is or is it in a sub folder ?

Second thing is your cfg file has 2 .. in it  RetroArch-0509-140245..cfg it should only have one .

@lordmonkus I tried adding exactly what you wrote.  I tried removing "-L "cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll" " from the command line.  I'm not sure what else it could be nothing seems to even launch RetroArch.  It has to be something else im doing wrong.  If the command line was wrong RetroArch would at least load up and crash right?

Thanks,
Quartz

Ok so you are missing the snes9x_next core.

I would suggest right now that you download the snes9x core (the one with no year in its name) using the core updater in retroarch and then modify your command line to this

-L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" -c "RetroArch-0509-140245..cfg"

Yea, that's unfortunately a problem, and some other threads have popped up recently about it. The default Should be a Bsnes core and not Snes9x, let alone Next, a core that doesn't exist anymore. xD In that tutorial I taught users how to change the core name, primarily for this reason, but for when a user wants to play around with a different core.

Having the same exact problem on retroarch, only with gameboy, gameboy color and gameboy advance. The DS seems to work fine with retroarch through launchbox though. Same thing, can launch games from within Retroarch, but not through launchbox or bigbox. Have tried searching around the internet and have endlessly fiddled around with the different cores and core settings on the emulator settings page within launchbox. Nothing seems to help. I didn't feel the need to create a whole new post, so I just left my message under this one in case someone finds a solution. I'm sorry for not providing a solution and for probably posting to the wrong place, this is the first time I'm posting on these forums so I'm happy to remove this comment if it is in the wrong place.

@Rasmulus did you compare the core you have loading in the emulator->platform menu vs the core you have downloaded in RetroArch?  It became apparent to me last night that the only thing that matters is:
1) The core written in that command line in "Platforms" matches the core you have in RetroArch.

2)Name of the system matches the name of the system used in the "Platforms" menu. 

Both of these things can't really be automated since it would remove some much appreciated customization/flexability.

Thanks,

Quartz