LaunchBox Community Forums

Making custom playslists?

stevaside

Brand new to Launchbox/Big Box, only planning to use it for MAME at this point

From what i understand this is a feature now? I would like to create custom playlists based on old arcades I went to when young, and only add the games I remember them having there to select from within them...and custom background images/logos for them if possible. If someone can elaborate on this for me I'd really appreciate it

Thanks

[UPDATE]:

Figured it out now & got the images to show after I went to options &hit refresh

Now  I can't figure out how to use clear logos for the games inside the playlist menus though:( When I click on the playlist names, the wheel comes up with the clear logos, but the 1st menu shows the "box art"/flyers, I would rather have both show the clear logos I chose (arcade marquees)

Edited by stevaside

Simply find a game you want and right click it then Add to playlist > New Playlist. That will open up a window where you can set things for that playlist but once done you should now have a playlist containing that game. From there you can go through your games and right click each one and add them to your playlist you made.

1 hour ago, lordmonkus said:

Simply find a game you want and right click it then Add to playlist > New Playlist. That will open up a window where you can set things for that playlist but once done you should now have a playlist containing that game. From there you can go through your games and right click each one and add them to your playlist you made.

Thanks alot...started making some, set the background..how do I add the art for the logo on the wheel? Looks like I set an image as a "clear logo" but my playlist is just plain text on the wheel

11 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

When adding images to your playlist, just like with a game or a platform, right above the image in the window is some text about what it is. You click the text and change it to the category you want depending on the image you've added.

That isn't working is what I'm saying.  I selected one image to be the fanart & it works & shows in the background, but the image I selected for clear logo doesn't...The playlist just has regular text in the wheel, not the logo I chose

Yeah, you shouldnt really have to do anything, as long as you scraped the clear logos when you originally imported the games then even in a playlist they will just pull from the original location, ie Image/Platformname/clearlogo, check that you actually have them. Also bear in mind that a lot of Arcade games are just that and "may" not have any clear logos at all. Also you can go into launchbox/tools/options/image priorities and swap everything around, So thet heme you are using may be trying to use front boxart, so you can go to where i just said front boxart and click on clear logos then use the up down onscreen arrows to move them, so move clear logo to the top of the list and it will always use clear logos first. 

Figured it out, They appeared after I went to options &hit refresh all images

Now  I can't figure out how to use clear logos for the games inside the playlist menus:( When I click on the playlist names, the wheel comes up with the clear logos, but the 1st menu shows the "box art"/flyers, I would rather have both show the clear logos I chose (arcade marquees)

9 minutes ago, stevaside said:

Figured it out, They appeared after I went to options &hit refresh all images

Now  I can't figure out how to use clear logos for the games inside the playlist menus:( When I click on the playlist names, the wheel comes up with the clear logos, but the 1st menu shows the "box art"/flyers, I would rather have both show the clear logos I chose (arcade marquees)

Glad you sorta figured it out, as i said above, all themes are different some prefer some artwork over others, also "MOST" themes have more than one view, some even let you switch between boxart/3dboxart/clearlogo/cartfront etc on the fly.