LaunchBox Community Forums

Movie Scraper Plugin [Broken]

23 hours ago, xevidroid said:

This doesn't appear to work anymore, when I select Scrape Movie nothing happens at all. Am I the only one to get this?

6 hours ago, NatParable said:

It's not just you. I can't get this plugin to work either.

4 hours ago, phenix14000 said:

not working too

This is just the nature of plugins i'm afraid if they are not updated, obviously they are not official so have to be maintained by the creator/uploader if/when changes are made in Launchbox.

49 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This is just the nature of plugins i'm afraid if they are not updated, obviously they are not official so have to be maintained by the creator/uploader if/when changes are made in Launchbox.

This is also particularly a problem with active plugins that scrape information from other websites or services (here for example from Fanart)...the moment changes are made to that external API, you're out of luck. I really hope we eventually get official support for importing other types of media, I would be so happy to move all of my BoardGameGeek, Lybrarything and Movie Collection databases to Launchbox. It would be so cool to just have a "Games" section and then some space for all of your other collections.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2019 at 6:57 AM, alex947 said:

hey works perfect in 9.10?

The problem is continuity..the idea that a third party plugin could break makes me kinda not want to put the effort in to put my whole movie catalogue into Launchbox. I hope for official support someday..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys,

sorry for not being there. I have been focusing on my band and not been doing much after hours coding. I will have a look at what caused this to break but I cant commit as many hours as I used to. on the plus side I work as a full time C# Developer so my coding skills will have improved since I was last here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I updated this plugin some time ago. As @slipsystem hasnt been on for over a year I thought Id share it.

Slipsystems Movie Scrapper.zip

Extract the "Slipsystems Movie Scraper" folder to Launchbox/Plugins.

All credit goes to slipsystem. If you get some use from this plugin consider donating some cash to slipsystem here: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/slipsystem

Source: FanartTv.zip

Update notes:

Updated targeting framework.

Added security protocol to Json class.

Removed reference to Unbroken.dll :(  

• Thanks 1

Man I can't thank you enough for contributing this! I don't know why its so hard to get a front end that handles all of your media in one place. Launchbox is great and I get that its focus is video games. Plex is great and I get that its focus is TV and Movies... (now kiss).

Anyway. This is super helpful!

On 1/12/2021 at 2:03 AM, jayjay said:

I updated this plugin some time ago. As @slipsystem hasnt been on for over a year I thought Id share it.

Slipsystems Movie Scrapper.zip 309.96 kB · 8 downloads

Extract the "Slipsystems Movie Scraper" folder to Launchbox/Plugins.

All credit goes to slipsystem. If you get some use from this plugin consider donating some cash to slipsystem here: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/slipsystem

Source: FanartTv.zip

Update notes:

Updated targeting framework.

Added security protocol to Json class.

Removed reference to Unbroken.dll :(  

Whenever I try to scrape a movie which ive imported into launchbox i get an error saying "The remote server returned an error:(404) Not Found." . Is this still working for you or am i doing something wrong? Thanks

also i already have the movies loaded up in kodi so there's metadata and images in kodi format for each movie in each movies folder, but it doesnt seem to be reading that either.

Edited by darreldearth

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just posting back to say that the Launchbox 11.9 update seems to bork this plugin again. Luckily I had a second install that I can keep on 11.8 for a while. Such a bummer that this thing keeps getting the boot whenever there is an update as its a super useful feature. It'd be amazing if it did TV Shows too, but I'm happy with it handling my movie library at least!

• Like 1