LaunchBox Community Forums

Demul problems

Fablog

6 hours ago, DOS76 said:

While you can simply add your MAME path to Demul that doesn't really help you get the ROMs setup in LB/BB especially if you want them to be separated into their own platform. If you run the tools you will get a folder for the specific platform which is then easy to import into LB at that point you could actually go into LB and change their path to your MAME folder and delete the ROMs in the folder but without initially separating them how would you import them. The fact that these games don't work in MAME will also exclude them from being imported with a normal MAME import so these same games will not be listed in your arcade platform unless you import broken and non working games also which is something I wouldn't be interested in doing personally.

Thank you, I understand now. What is the relation between MAME and Demul versions now? Are certain MAME sets required based on the version of Demul?

The last Demul build is from 11/11/2017 (if they haven't snuck one by me) and it is updated to support the MAME build from October I think it would be 0.191 I don't know how much the ROMs have changed prior to those updates or since so its hard to say with certainty which ROMs from which sets will of won't work. Getting the latest set will probably not cause any issues but don't hold me to that.

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

The last Demul build is from 11/11/2017 (if they haven't snuck one by me) and it is updated to support the MAME build from October I think it would be 0.191 I don't know how much the ROMs have changed prior to those updates or since so its hard to say with certainty which ROMs from which sets will of won't work. Getting the latest set will probably not cause any issues but don't hold me to that.

Got it. Are the details about which set is compatible with each Demul release available anywhere or it just goes by whatever MAME version is out at the time of the release? 

15 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

yeah usually when they update the emulator they update to the latest MAME ROMs lets just hope they don't go another 14 months until they update again like they did last time as using updated ROMs was starting to cause issue.

Ok got it, thanks again. In that case, it does seem beneficial to extract the roms into dedicated directories for Naomi/Atomiswave and not rely on the MAME roms directory. 

• 11 months later...

I found that I was also having this error with the latest Demul build. Here is a patched DLL I created that will suppress the error. Just replace the existing DLL in the plugins folder with this one, and you are good to go! 

Edited by neil9000
Removed mega link, we dont advise people download .dll's from the internet, and as this is your first post here i have removed the link to be safe.

4 hours ago, Miyuki333 said:

Edited 1 hour ago by neil9000 
Removed mega link, we dont advise people download .dll's from the internet, and as this is your first post here i have removed the link to be safe.

My bad. Didn't mean to break any rules, I just found this page when Googling the problem and wanted to add a solution. Here is a quick ruby script to patch the DLL instead. 

file = File.open("padDemul.dll", "r+b")
file.pos = 0x27E23
buffer = [0xE9, 0x95, 0x00].pack("c*")
file.write(buffer)

Just install ruby (https://rubyinstaller.org/) create a file called "patch.rb" in the Demul plugins folder, copy the above code into the file and save it, and then run the "patch.rb" file. That should also fix the issue.

Edit: Oh, also should mention the patch applies specifically to Demul build 111117, which you can find here: http://demul.emulation64.com/files/demul07_111117.7z

Edited by Miyuki333

• 3 months later...

The issues I'm having as of now with DEMUL is:

>SEGA Hikaru used to run at times, but now all it does it Launch me to the Emulator with a ROMs list to where when I choose the game, it gives me an error of something missing

>Most of my Naomi 2 stuff doesn't play unless it's Club Kart, and only so few regular Naomi games don't play as it says something is missing

>Can't get it to play through my projector setup. All it does it stretch out to a white window once it launches, but when I unhook the HDMI, I can play them just fine

>Is there any way to set controllers individually to just a certain game instead of having to make more than one copy of DEMUL?

I'm using v111117 but also using v0.7 Alpha for just Marvel vs Capcom 2 since the Download came with it. v0.7 Alpha doesn't want to work with anything else but MvC2 though.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this is an old post but was also wondering about, "Is there any way to set controllers individually to just a certain game instead of having to make more than one copy of DEMUL?"

Also, there is a newer Demul now, at least as late as April 28th, 2018 I believe...fixes a couple of things. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/24/2018 at 1:48 PM, Miyuki333 said:

My bad. Didn't mean to break any rules, I just found this page when Googling the problem and wanted to add a solution. Here is a quick ruby script to patch the DLL instead. 

Just install ruby (https://rubyinstaller.org/) create a file called "patch.rb" in the Demul plugins folder, copy the above code into the file and save it, and then run the "patch.rb" file. That should also fix the issue.

Edit: Oh, also should mention the patch applies specifically to Demul build 111117, which you can find here: http://demul.emulation64.com/files/demul07_111117.7z

Sorry to bump a dead thread, but I had to register to this forum just to say thank you for this solution! I realize you have not posted anything more since this so you will probably never read my post, but if you do... Cheerz! :) I have cross-posted your script in a thread at the arcadecontrols forum, because I first ended up on that while googling, so I suspect that can happen to others too.

• 2 years later...
On 12/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, Miyuki333 said:

This fix doesn't appeare to work anymore

• 1 month later...