LaunchBox Community Forums

Demul problems

Fablog

Hi guys,

I'm new to Demul and need your help. I followed the tutorial about Naomi games, downloaded a non merged 0.185 mame romset and use the batch files to extract Naomi, Naomi2, Naomi GD, Naomi 2 GD, Gaelco, Hikaru, Atomiswave roms to differents directories.

1) In Demul, only Atomiswave games are working. For example, I get a load file error with Dead or alive 2 (Naomi); "Unable to find 'epr-21576d.ic27' in romset 'naomi'". I don't understand because I added all my rom directories in Plugins, Maple & Paths. What did I do wrong?

2) Do I need any CHD to play the Naomi games?

3) Do I need to put all the Naomi, naomi2, Naomi GD and Naomi2 GD in the same directory?

4) For every game I can start, I get always this error:

PAdDemul

Error! (HRESULT = C0110004)

IDirectInputDEvice8 CreateEffect Failed

I press OK and the game start. What's that? I'm using an Ipac Ultimate and 2 U360 joysticks.

Thanks for your help

The epr-21576d.ic27 is a bios file that should be in your naomi.zip bios zip file, you probably need to find another bios file if yours is missing it.

That's the only question I can answer for you because I have not messed with the Naomi side of things and I only use an XBox 360 controller for my Demul setup.

2 all the GD games require the CHD
3 this depends on how you have things setup I have them all in different directories but every directory you wish to use has to be added to your paths in the Demul settings.
I've never seen the last error as I only use a 360 pad myself with Demul

• 2 weeks later...

this might sound like an odd question but why use Naomi at all?

I only say this because I have Naomi, am2 and am3 for my demul and found them to be difficult to work even at the best of times

my demul has been fucked up since the windows 10 new update as I STILL cannot get it to open in fullscreen without it setting the tv into 24z mode

The only real reason I even touch the am2/3 is because the Saturn emulator it utter crap. everything else ive found just seems to run or work better on other programs such as Naomi 2 has VF4 but it works better when running on the ps2 emulator pcsx2

Are there any exclusives we didn't get for consoles because aside from playing a pritter version of fighting vipers and vf2 I don't really touch it much myself

I mean more along the lines of this

You can play Fighting Vipers 2 on the AM2 board - but WHY when you can just get the dreamcast version which works perfectly?

The AM2 version has loads of issues such as stage 1 will work perfectly, stage 2 runs super slowly like the games lagging, stage 3 will run fine, stage 4 runs slow again etc etc

Yet the dreamcast version just works perfectly

I just really don't see the need for the AM2/3/Naomi when the dreamcast versions work much better. ONLY reason I can see to get the AM2 version of anything would be zombie revenge and that's only because I CANNOT complete it at all on the dreamcast version. so using an arcade version were you can just add credit after credit might be better for that game

seriously I'm 35 tomorrow and I STILL cant complete dreamcast zombie revenge yet there are videos of people doing it on 1 credit

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned, the final and many consider best version of VF4, was never released outside of arcades so the Naomi version is the only version.   Not sure if any good ports of Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper is available outside of the PSP version (which you can't play 2 player games on, being a handheld version), so that one may be worth it. Other than that, most of the games have near perfect ports to the Dreamcast or PS2.

I have VF4FT, SFA3 Upper, Zombie Revenge (for the reason you mentioned, LOL), Senko no Ronde, one of the Melty Blood games, Beach Spikers (which does have a Gamecube port), MvC2 (just cool to have the arcade version), a couple of the SCHMUPs, and Club Kart: European Session (don't think any port of this exists) for Naomi and Naomi 2.  

but you can play virtua fighter 4 evolution on the ps2 emulator and its better than the Naomi version.........so I don't see a point to it really

can you tell me what settings you have for your zombie revenge to run (the am2 version) as mine wont load no matter what options I select it to

@Imortus.san that is because they changed a lot of the ROMs at the time to match the changes that MAME had made to the ROMs

This here will pull the games out of a current MAME set the only real issue is if you have a MAME split set the DC.zip file won't work unless it is merged together with all of the other files that go with it now. MAME recently split the DC bios into separate files and Demul doesn't know how to handle it yet a non-merged set or even a merged copy of this file would eliminate that issue though

• 7 months later...

Sorry to piggy back the issue but I’m getting a similar one.  I followed the Naomi tutorial and got a non merged set, did the bat files and did the 4 Naomi systems. But every game I load I get one error like”unable to find epr-23819a.ic22 in romset”, but i unzipped rom and it’s in the rom. Every game I click gives me a similar error but just a few different numbers? I tried downloading a different rom for testing and other bios, nothing has helped and ideas. I’m running demul 1111117. 

Edited by rrichter

On 5/31/2017 at 1:33 PM, DOS76 said:

@Imortus.san that is because they changed a lot of the ROMs at the time to match the changes that MAME had made to the ROMs

This here will pull the games out of a current MAME set the only real issue is if you have a MAME split set the DC.zip file won't work unless it is merged together with all of the other files that go with it now. MAME recently split the DC bios into separate files and Demul doesn't know how to handle it yet a non-merged set or even a merged copy of this file would eliminate that issue though

I don't understand the purpose of this tool. Can't you just add your MAME roms directory to the paths in Demul? I've been using Demul 0.5.82 for a long time and decided to upgrade to the latest version and I was getting errors with all of my roms. I figured they had changed something so I added the path of my MAME roms to Demul and that seems to work. I only tested one or two games though. 

Does anyone know if there is any advantage to upgrading? I'm going to check out Dolphin Blue tomorrow to see if that has been fixed. The sound in that game stops working at some point. I can't remember if it's halfway through the first level or during the second level. 

23 minutes ago, Yardley said:

Does anyone know if there is any advantage to upgrading? I'm going to check out Dolphin Blue tomorrow to see if that has been fixed. The sound in that game stops working at some point. I can't remember if it's halfway through the first level or during the second level. 

It is fixed in newer builds of Demul

While you can simply add your MAME path to Demul that doesn't really help you get the ROMs setup in LB/BB especially if you want them to be separated into their own platform. If you run the tools you will get a folder for the specific platform which is then easy to import into LB at that point you could actually go into LB and change their path to your MAME folder and delete the ROMs in the folder but without initially separating them how would you import them. The fact that these games don't work in MAME will also exclude them from being imported with a normal MAME import so these same games will not be listed in your arcade platform unless you import broken and non working games also which is something I wouldn't be interested in doing personally.

• Like 1