LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME 0.185 qsound Errors

angelobodetti

Hi all,

Anyone else having issues with games that need qsound file? I have a full MAME 0.185 romset and get the errors whether I use MAME or RetroArch. The error i get is that:

dl-1425.bin is missing and it checks both in the rom and in the qsound zip.

I can't seem to find tht bin file online

Someone else posted about this in the RetroArch forum but the link is broken.

Anyone have that file or a qsound.zip that works? Anyone using the 0.185 romset without issue

• 2 months later...

After 3 days searching on the net. Downloading several Qsound files. I found out that i've had it for some days. It's in a different random name, the bin file. Even though the zip folder was named Qsound.. The file size is displayed in MAME ( 24576 bytes )red box error message. So i checked all the files i had until i found one with same byte size. I renamed the bin file to dl-1425.bin and put it in the Qsound zip folder.

The Zip folder is written all in capital letters. QSOUND.zip There's to files inside. D6CF5EF5 is the dl.1425.bin file. Just rename it dl.1425.bin, compress it into the Qsound folder in your Roms folder. I tried to back track where i got it from. But was not possible. Happy hunting :)

Edited by retroalfredo
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, retroalfredo said:

Ok. I quess that's why all the forums where useless ! 

If you wan't to be really helpful maybe you can edit your original post to add more specific details on how you solved this issue. Like what zip did you copy the file from etc, that way users finding your post can fix this issue for themselves.

I appreciate you trying to help other users by just posting the file for simplicity's sake, but as @lordmonkus stated we can't host copyrighted files on the site for obvious legal reason's. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/21/2017 at 11:48 AM, retroalfredo said:

After 3 days searching on the net. Downloading several Qsound files. I found out that i've had it for some days. It's in a different random name, the bin file. Even though the zip folder was named Qsound.. The file size is displayed in MAME ( 24576 bytes )red box error message. So i checked all the files i had until i found one with same byte size. I renamed the bin file to dl-1425.bin and put it in the Qsound zip folder.

The Zip folder is written all in capital letters. QSOUND.zip There's to files inside. D6CF5EF5 is the dl.1425.bin file. Just rename it dl.1425.bin, compress it into the Qsound folder in your Roms folder. I tried to back track where i got it from. But was not possible. Happy hunting :)

Brother I know it's two years ago and you're probably not still paying attention to this forum but this shit saved my ass using mame so now I can play the alien vs predator beat em up and maybe that doesn't sound important but it means the world to me thank you for helping me solve this super hyper specific problem please and thank you 

• Like 1