LaunchBox Community Forums

Import Tv Shows

View File

Imports TV Shows and Grabs the Information and Artwork 

this Plugin uses the Fanart.TV Api  and themoviedb Api to scrape images and details.

Go to tools

click import Tv Shows

select the folder that contains all your tvshows.

you may need to hit f5 to refresh the images.

Folder Structure is Vital your collection needs to be sorted as follows.

FolderContainingTvShows/TVShow/Episodes or Season Folders.

example

C:\Users\andre\Desktop\TV Shows\Arrow\Arrow.S05E23.HDTV.x264-SVA\Arrow.S05E23.HDTV.x264-SVA.mkv
C:\Users\andre\Desktop\TV Shows\Arrow\Arrow.S05E22.HDTV.x264-SVA.mkv
C:\Users\andre\Desktop\TV Shows\Arrow\Season 5\Arrow.S05E21.HDTV.x264-SVA.mkv
C:\Users\andre\Desktop\TV Shows\The Flash\S01E01 - Pilot.mp4
C:\Users\andre\Desktop\TV Shows\The Flash\Season 1\S01E02 - Next Episode.mp4

This creates a Game with the Same name as the folder.

all videos inside that folder are added as additional applications. so right clicking on a TV Show will give you a list of all episodes.

this only scans for mp4, mkv and avi I can always add formats this is just so we dont pick up image files and nfo files.

There will most likely be some bugs but they will never get ironed out unless I know about them so please dont feel shy posting your bugs.

@neil9000 @donarumo @lordmonkus thanks for your suggestions and support in my previous plugin this one was created just for you guys.

BUY ME A BEER

• Like 2

Lovely, i was just thinking about importing TV Shows the other day, unfortunately my HDD with all my movies and TV Shows on died yesterday. :(  I did manage to rescue some TV Shows though so i will check this out.

P.S. Thanks for the shout out, was glad to help.

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

If you think of adding any more source the TVDB seems to be excellent that is what Plex uses.

yes this is true, I already had a moviesdb api and all that is needs to do is find the information, all the artwork comes from fanart.tv which is what everyone is using.

as long as themoviesdb finds the tvshow it will pass a tvdbid which is used for fanart.tv. i may add more providers in the future is need be but for the time being themoviesdb does a good enough job and I know how there api works. thanks for the advise though.

16 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Lovely, i was just thinking about importing TV Shows the other day, unfortunately my HDD with all my movies and TV Shows on died yesterday. :(  I did manage to rescue some TV Shows though so i will check this out.

P.S. Thanks for the shout out, was glad to help.

no problem dude. sorry to hear about your hard drive.

• 6 years later...