LaunchBox Community Forums

HBMAME

angelobodetti

6 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I don't even play close to all the stuff in regular MAME so I personally don't bother

Thank you. It's a couple hundred gigs so I figured I'd get feedback before I went ahead and spent that time and space. 

I'm in the same boat as you but wasn't sure if there were some hidden gems and hacks that I didn't know about. 

Edited by angelobodetti

I just got HBMAME for the pac-man hacks.  I have a full set, but only play those.  don't remember it being a couple hundred gigs though.  Like the 25 maze one, pac-man and ms. pac-man renaissance, unleashed.  Have a playlist called "Arcade Hacks".  Also has Donkey Kong II jumpman returns in it.  but that is run through MAME.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 1:11 AM, damageinc86 said:

I just got HBMAME for the pac-man hacks.  I have a full set, but only play those.  don't remember it being a couple hundred gigs though.  Like the 25 maze one, pac-man and ms. pac-man renaissance, unleashed.  Have a playlist called "Arcade Hacks".  Also has Donkey Kong II jumpman returns in it.  but that is run through MAME.

Any chance you could share the HBMAME xml?

I am literally going though 1 by 1 adding games from the Hyperspin XML for HBMAME because if i use LaunchBox it doesn't recognize them or will import all 2k files.

I'm not really sure how rocketlauncher is doing it because I don't have hbmame in rocketlauncher anymore, but it's loading systems from launchbox, and somehow it's still launching hbmame games with default bezel and everything.  I used to have hbmame set up as a system back in HS, so maybe rocketlauncher somehow remembers that?  I have a platform in launchbox called "Arcade Hacks"  Where i have one game from the mameuifx directory, and 5 from the hbmame directory.  It sends it to rocketlauncher and it works like I said above.  So maybe set up a system in rocketlauncher through the rocketlauncherUI plugin first, before you switch over to Launchbox?

Oh wait scratch what I said above.  I forgot I have "Arcade Hacks" as an actual platform in Launchbox, so since rocketlauncher is using that plugin, it's in the system list, and I set that emulator to be HBMAME in rocketlauncher.  In RL i have the regular mame as an alternate emulator for DKII.  HBMAME is the default emulator for my "Arcade Hacks" system, and i am pointing it to both rom directories, so it can load from either one.  But most hacks will come from the HBMAME directory.  The other crazy amount of hacks didn't really interest me when I saw what games they were.  But then again it's hard to know just what was changed, they might be fun. 

My HBMAME folder is only 30 gigs too btw. 

Edited by damageinc86

• 1 year later...
On 6/25/2017 at 9:41 PM, damageinc86 said:

Oh wait scratch what I said above.  I forgot I have "Arcade Hacks" as an actual platform in Launchbox, so since rocketlauncher is using that plugin, it's in the system list, and I set that emulator to be HBMAME in rocketlauncher.  In RL i have the regular mame as an alternate emulator for DKII.  HBMAME is the default emulator for my "Arcade Hacks" system, and i am pointing it to both rom directories, so it can load from either one.  But most hacks will come from the HBMAME directory.  The other crazy amount of hacks didn't really interest me when I saw what games they were.  But then again it's hard to know just what was changed, they might be fun. 

My HBMAME folder is only 30 gigs too btw. 

can i ask u something  im new here and i would love to show me how to do and install hbmame as  you told to us?

• 8 months later...