LaunchBox Community Forums

BIGFLIX: A new user experience for your HTPC

5 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

I have a day off tomorrow and so I can get some stuff done.. 
Logo placement.. I'd tend to place them on the same height...which looks nice.. ..where do these banners popup in your theme ? 

The appear on all the platform views as well as Text games view:

Desktop_Screenshot_2018_02.10_-_01_32_49_59.thumb.png.94ab2b534f4874c0852bf37428a7d5a3.pngDesktop_Screenshot_2018_02.10_-_01_33_24_36.thumb.png.c0e3a08b62b5e059fc1f705a96c689af.png5a7e195b1a235_DesktopScreenshot2018_02.10-01_34_50_84.thumb.png.878393307dc0ff7a436d63915080f0dd.pngDesktop_Screenshot_2018_02.10_-_01_34_00_31.thumb.png.8e10f76c3c871fb95433f4ead3a3be4a.pngDesktop_Screenshot_2018_02.08_-_22_34_30_37.thumb.png.893fd0bba180e312a5bcaf6d1403ace8.png

17 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

NEC PC ENGINE CDr.png

NEC PC Engine.png

nec pc-fx.png

NEC super Grafx.png

These looks gorgeous Klopjero! Can't wait for the rest of the artwork!

The theme is ready and i'm planning to release it sometimes this week, here's the final teaser of Bigflix 1.1:

Now i'm not sure if I should keep it's name as Bigflix and have the user choose between the original version or the alternative version or should I rename it into something different so that people can use both versions.

If I shall rename it then what should it be? I'm thinking of keeping the original build as BIGFLIX and this alternative build as BIGFLIX PLUS..What do you guys think share with me your ideas of a better name below!

• Like 2

Wow @Klopjero i'm in love with these banners..

They look so good I decided to include a banner frame to highlight your work and offcourse to make it easier for the user to know which platform they highlighted: (Banners overlapping issue fix is on my agenda so no worries) 

Desktop_Screenshot_2018_02.12_-_01_18_39_96.thumb.png.2c6a2eb5912a08ea416129f8225b67c9.pngNow since I have very good banners to showcase i'm inspired to create a fourth platform view which was reserved for BIGFLIX 1.2 but I guess I can squeeze it in this update if I managed to finish the view by this week :)

Thanks again for your contribution and looking forward to the Sega systems and the rest of the platforms!

P.S. Can you make the PS1 banner Metal Gear Solid themed and Sega Genesis Streets of Rage themed?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SNAK3ATER said:

They look so good I decided to include a banner frame to highlight your work and offcourse to make it easier for the user to know which platform they highlighted: (Banners overlapping issue fix is on my agenda so no worries) 

Desktop_Screenshot_2018_02.12_-_01_18_39_96.thumb.png.2c6a2eb5912a08ea416129f8225b67c9.pngNow since I have very good banners to showcase i'm inspired to create a fourth platform view which was reserved for BIGFLIX 1.2 but I guess I can squeeze it in this update if I managed to finish the view by this week :)

Thanks again for your contribution and looking forward to the Sega systems and the rest of the platforms!

P.S. Can you make the PS1 banner Metal Gear Solid themed and Sega Genesis Streets of Rage themed?

Please, Sega Genesis (Sega Megadrive) and Snes pal too?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SNAK3ATER said:

Yes i will ... I have a couple of consoles left...After that I will start on handheld after that arcade and last computers...

• Like 1

Alright I decided to change the first Platform view (Fullscreen platform video view) for two reasons:

1- To match Netflix's Home screen Smart TVs page

2- To showcase the new platform banners

Here's a mockup of what the final version will resemble:

netflix_home_screen.thumb.gif.e5eba466488bd3932026d83d15018d4e.gif

I'm trying to finish the view this week just in time for BIGFLIX 1.1 release, if I feel that it would take me more time to complete the design then i'll push it for the next Bigflix update

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Nice work Klops! Glad to see you back in action :)

Thanks it's nice to fireup photoshop again.. it's fairly straightforward, these banners. not much in the way of cleaning. still glad to help snakey get this theme in hi-gear. 

@SNAK3ATER EDIT: nvm .. You've already got that in scope.. ! me -> skimming  = fail

Edited by Klopjero
  • Haha 1