LaunchBox Community Forums

Help - entire launchbox folder suddenly disappeared during use

alnyden

So I was using Launchbox and just closing out of it when suddenly I received the error from WIndows that the Launchbox folder was unavailable.  When I looked on the drive the folder was completely missing!  Now the strangest thing is that when I launch the app from the shortcut it still launches.  The games are there, the artwork appears to be there, etc.  But when I try to launch a game it says it can't find the path.  So I'm guessing the data is there, but windows can't find the folder anymore?

I'm using WIndows 10.  Any help would be greatly appreciated -- I spent weeks setting up Launchbox!

Thanks,

R

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

If you hide a folder but type the path in it will still open it just doesn't show but its accessible still so I don't think that is it I would be concerned with the health of the drive.

Ok fair enough, was just the first thing that came to mind as it still technically works and opens the program, thought it might be hidden. Weird one for sure though.

15 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

can you right click  the short cut go to the properties and from there go to the file location

Thank you!!  This revealed the folder which somehow had been moved inside another (seemingly random) folder.  I moved it back and everything is working again, thank you so much.  

I'm trying to understand how this happened so it won't happen again.  There's no way I did this accidentally as I was closing Launchbox.  I was not moving folders inside Explorer.  Just wondering if Launchbox, when trying to save the database, moved the whole folder?  Very weird...

• 4 months later...

To overcome from all these issues you should also make sure that your system is error-free and fast,

Uninstall Crapware. 

Limit Startup Processes. 

Clean Up Your Disk. 

Add More RAM. 

Install an SSD Startup Drive. 

Check for Viruses and Spyware. 

Change Power Settings to Maximum Performance.

Edit by Lordmonkus:
Removed link to shady looking site.