LaunchBox Community Forums

PS1 with RetroArch

Lance Gorilla

Hi all,

I've been scouring the internet and watched Brad's tutorial on getting PS1 to work with Retroarch.  I have everything I need as far as cue files, bin files, and bios files in the correct locations, but when I launch the game from LaunchBox or BigBox, nothing happens.  However, if i scroll to "open RetroArch" and arrow over to History and hit the game i just tried from BigBox or LaunchBox, it fires up without any issues at all.  Anyone that can shed some light on this?  I think it might be in my history because i dragged the cue file into RetroArch to see if it would run and when it did I tried running it from BigBox with no success :(

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.  

Additionally, I've been using the mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll and mednafen_psx_libretro.dll successfully in RetroArch, just not in Launch or Big Box.

Thanks again!

LG

58 minutes ago, Omen said:

Are you able to launch other platforms in RetroArch from LB? You're having it launch the cue file and not the bin right?

I am actually.  I can launch every except PS1 from LB and BB.  I believe i am launching the cue file from LB.  I know when i Imported I went to:

Tools, Import, Rom Files, Add Files, selected the cue file, Sony Playstation as the Platform, Retroarch as the Emulator, Use Files in their current location, both checks for meta, select all, next, select all, next (for parsing emumovies), and then next all the way through.  For the custom options i've tried both checking and unchecking Use Folder names instead of ROM files names and then Finish.

It goes through the motions, shows me the artwork etc but no go on launching.

8 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

If you can post some screenshots of your emulator settings window in Launchbox that would be helpful. The Edit Emulator and Associated Platforms windows to be more precise.

I will attach some screens.  Give me a sec to get them captured.

Thanks for much for the responses!

Well.....this is really embarrassing.

In getting screenshots, i found that there was an extra 'l' in dll :$.  Guess that's what I get for copying/pasting instead of typing it out myself.

Thanks for the helping me open my eyes to a typo!  Chalk this up to user inability to copy and paste correctly :D

Lol, no worries. Every one of us has done the exact same thing before. Glad you got it sorted out.

A good rule of thumb is if the game is working outside of Launchbox but not inside it chances are it's a setting in one of the two windows I asked for a screenshot from. Those two places are always the first place I look when troubleshooting once the games are working in the emulator on its own.

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

Lol, no worries. Every one of us has done the exact same thing before. Glad you got it sorted out.

A good rule of thumb is if the game is working outside of Launchbox but not inside it chances are it's a setting in one of the two windows I asked for a screenshot from. Those two places are always the first place I look when troubleshooting once the games are working in the emulator on its own.

Good to know.  I didn't even see that 3rd 'l'.  maybe i need to get my eyes checked again.  This getting old thing isn't working for me :P