LaunchBox Community Forums

How to configure SNES MSU-1?

alissongamer

Personally, I wanted some help configuring the Snes MSU-1 roms. I would like to know if someone knows how to configure in the launchbox, whether it is direct, what emulator to use, whether it is by Rochetlauncher, etc ...
Because I tried to configure by RL and I could not use Retroarch.
Would anyone have a tutorial to help me please?

It used to be kindof complicated but all you have to do at this point is direct the .sfc to the SNES9x core. You can use BSNES if you've got a manifest.bml file (and the manifest is actually correct) but not everybody that releases MSU-1s uses them. With the SNES9x core you can just direct the .sfc that's in the folder to it and it'll work.

• Like 1

What @Zombeaversaid.

Overall the bsnes cores in Retroarch are the best if the manifest.bml file is correct (they aren't always) and you use that as your rom file in Launchbox.

The snes9x core is coming along nicely but is still a work in progress so some games sound might be off and with it you actually point to the rom file itself instead of the manifest.bml file.

• Like 1

If you need to do it frequently enough that you don't want to switch via a per-game custom command-line like that, you can also just create a separate emulator entry for it, call it something like "Retorarch - SNES9x" and just have an associated platform of Super Nintendo (or whatever you've named your platform), and direct it to the alternate core dll that you want to use (in this case snes9x_libretro.dll) and then change the emulator used for the relevant games. If it's just a few one-off games @lordmonkus's example will be better.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just to update the information in this thread, the easiest thing to do nowadays is to use either the latest stand alone Snes9x or Retroarch core and just simply load the rom file. It should work on most (close to all) of the pre done MSU-1 rom packs, there are a couple that I have to run through the BSnes core in RA using the .bml file.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...