LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble Opening Sega CD Games on Launchbox

adnagus

1 minute ago, Charco said:

I'd recommend that you use the Genesis Plus GX core. You can use the Picodrive core for 32x but I wouldn't recommend it for the other Sega Systems.

i tried to use the genesis pluss gx core i prefer it as well but it seems impossible for me to get the corect bios file could you upload the corect bios files somewhere and sent me the link to my facebook page? 

kostas karnoutsos my picture in facebook is a guy that playing billiards. thx in advance 

18 minutes ago, kostas said:

thx il try that i got the game from emuparadise

i found the file from emu paradise it was .md i renamed it to bios_CD_U.bin i put it in retroarch system folder i oppened retroarch loaded gx core gone to core information and still say missing gg wp 

13 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Ok for some reason your bios are not being detected.

Go to Settings > Directory > System/ BIOS and make sure its pointing to your \retroarch\system\ folder, it isn't repoint it to it.

2018-02-19 19_39_29-RetroArch.png

i just do that and ofc it worked THANK YOU SOO MUTCH !!! Lordmonkus 

Edited by kostas

• 4 years later...

You want to extract the zip files, recommended to have each game in their own folder. Remove your Sega CD games from LB and re-import but only the files that you need to load in the emulator. With your disc images I am not sure which file that is but with cue + bin images you want to import the cue, not the bin.