LaunchBox Community Forums

Art Feedback - "ROM Runner" Bartop Arcade

Hi all,

I'd like your feedback on my first draft of artwork for my upcoming MAME bartop build. I've decided to call it "ROM Runner," both as a nod to Blade Runner and a pun since it will literally run ROMs.  ::)

The visual theme takes heavy inspiration from modern interpretations of retro sci-fi, with the Tron-like grid and purple/blue color scheme. 

Aside from the art itself, I'd also appreciate a functionality check on the labels for each player's admin buttons. "Credit" and "Start" are a given, and I think "Pause" makes sense, but I'm not sure about "Exit." It might be better to keep that set to a key combination that's not as easy to accidentally press. The control panel will definitely have four admin buttons, so I need to come up with something for the fourth button label.

Thanks!

ROM Runner_preview_3.PNG

Edited by letstalkaboutdune
Updated image.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Artwork is excellent and I like the name as it is, my only suggestion is you will need a couple of joysticks xD

Thanks! I've got a couple of Sanwa JLFs and a bunch of Sanwa OBSCs ready and waiting! Well, one set is in this super ugly (but functional) arcade stick prototype I built in the meantime, but still.

Arcade Stick.jpg