LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox+Rocketlauncher+bezels/fade

lessthanzero33

Bigbox has absolutely nothing to do with bezels and fades, that is all a Rocket Launcher issue and i suggest asking on there forums. There are some Rocket Launcher users here that may be able to help you, but broadly speaking most people don't need or want the extra complexity that comes with adding it to there Bigbox setup. I'm also pretty sure that none of the Moderators here use Rocket Launcher either, so you are going to have to rely on a handful of users here for help, or as i said ask on their forums where i expect they all use it and could be much more helpful to you than we could be here.

Sorry i couldn't help more, but it really isn't a Launchbox/Bigbox issue.

Launchbox forums are very slow moving, but worth a shot asking there.  If you have all the media for fades and bezels in their proper folders within rocketlauncher folder structure, it's just a matter of clicking on enable in the fade an bezel tabs, and maybe tweaking some timer and placement stuff. 

Edited by damageinc86
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is months old, but thought I would add a solution for searchers. If it is working in RL, but fails in LB and BB, it is usually what @damageinc86 mentioned; the wrong emulator is set in LB. We usually import roms by setting the emulator to "MAME" in order to get the more detailed import window that allows us to filter roms that are fruit/slots, non-working, mahjong, etc. If you don't remember to change the emulator back to RocketLauncher, it won't use RL to do fades and bezels. Go to your platform name in RL, hit cntrl-A to select all the games, then right click and select "edit". Select "emulator" in the dropdown for what field you want to edit and then select "RockeLauncher". It will change all the games to use RL and everything will work the way you set it up in LaunchBox.

• 2 years later...

I'm having issues with this as well.  I get the bezels through RL, but not BigBox.  Interesting, my bezels work fine for NES/SNES, etc.  It is only for Mame games.  I'm using the same RL emulator for all my platforms too so I would think it would be an all-or-none situation.  BigBox is my default active Front End in RL as well.  Any help is appreciated.

Try to launch the game from Launchbox instead of BigBox.  Pick a game and set the emulator to be RL, then launch it.  If it works let me know.  If not, make sure that the front-end is set to Launchbox

Here is a guide: http://wiki.rlauncher.com/index.php?title=LaunchBox/BigBox

I got mine to work by first trying everything from Launchbox, then configured all my fades and keymappers, etc.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jfree427 said:

As it turns out, this was not a LB/BB problem.  I had the Bezel files in a folder called "MAME" which was linked for Hyperspin.  LB is setup as "Arcade".  So I created a folder called "Arcade", under RL/Media/Bezels with all of them and I was in business.

Yup!  I remember noticing that Launchbox had folders for Arcade, so when I linked rocketlauncher and Launchbox together I noticed Rocketlauncher populated an Arcade system instead of MAME like it used to with Hyperspin. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for necroposting. I hate creating new threads. I am searching for a way to get the Game ratings to show up in my fade screens using RL. Fade works fine, showing stats, system logo, game logo, animated loading wheel and "now loading..." animation across the center of the screen (bezels work as expected as well)...I cannot get the Developer/Publisher, genre, ESRB, Pegi nor Cero rating logos to show up. I have messed with alignments and ordering to see if its being displayed off screen but nothing shows up. I even tried renaming the ratings to what LB uses word-for-word since RL is case sensitive and whatnot. 

Any suggestions? I can up some screenshots to show my settings if needed.

Note: I did update RL's "Launchbox.plugin" to recognize illegal characters and that resolved my issues with clear logos not being pulled from LBBB properly. Sadly, it didn't resolve my other issues.

Solved: It was not LB nor RL but in fact user error. I just finished filling out the ID-10-T form ?. I was only testing games' fade screens, not actually loading any of my games. When I loaded the game, I had a nice mess of logos all over my screen.

To those interested in the Launchbox.plugin edit I did 

• Make sure you backup your original plugin before proceeding. The easiest way to do this is by doing a right-click and drag'n'drop with the original "LaunchBox.plugin", then click "copy here" in the context menu.
  • To use the standard (click here) download of the file just click "download paste">in the save as dialog box click the "save as type" drop-down box>click "all files">name the file "LaunchBox.plugin" (minus quotes)>save to "..\RocketLauncher\Plugins\"
  • I prefer to use the raw view (click here) just press "ctrl+a" to highlight all text then press "ctrl+c" to copy it all to your clipboard (proceed to the edit tut below)

To edit the plugin:

• go to  "..\rocketlauncher\plugins\" 
  • Right-click on "LaunchBox.plugin" (make sure you've backed it up first, instructions above)
  • Next edit "LaunchBox.plugin"(not the one you just backed up) with notepad++ <---clickable (install if you don't have it installed already)
  • when it is loaded, press "ctrl+a" to highlight all of the code and paste "ctrl+v" the code I provided at pastebin, then press "ctrl+s" to save.

To those who didn't backup (not judging, lol) here is the original and the raw code is here (same instructions apply for this as above)

Edited by CtinD
Spelling, grammatical errors and updated info