LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommend hardware for htpc/gaming/emulation Pc

hoosier1

I'm going to build a htpc for streaming movies, aaa gaming and emulation. I want it to play aaa titles and emulators at  1080p. Needs to handle ps2, Wii U, 3ds emulation and be able to upgrade in the future as emulation evolves. I'm thinking the i5 7600k cpu, asrock z270m pro4 motherboard, gtx 1050 ti gpu, and start with 8gb of ram. What does everyone think? Also need recommendations on ram. Not sure if I should go with the ddr4 2400 or something faster? Any help is appreciated!

I am using a 1060 and that runs most things at 1080p just fine, i have to turn a few settings down here and there depending on the game though. And when i say just fine i'm trying to target 60fps in my games, if you are happy locking to 30fps then you can max pretty much everything on that card.

Just now, Cauptain said:

Yes, using 1050TI will get only 30fps on Tekken 7 game...But 30fps for PC games?? No, thanks.

Claudio

Depends on the type of game really. 30fps is just fine on several genres, as long as it is a stable 30fps. I would rather lock to 30fps than the frame rate be all over the place as that effects input.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Depends on the type of game really. 30fps is just fine on several genres, as long as it is a stable 30fps. I would rather lock to 30fps than the frame rate be all over the place as that effects input.

No. 30fps isn't good for any fighting game, shooters or FPS. Come on guys...9_9

Cauptain

The 1050TI is fine for 60 FPS on the vast majority of games, yeah you might have to tweak a few settings for certain really taxing games but it will do it. If that isn't enough for the OP the he can easily upgrade to whatever card he is willing to spend the money on.

So yeah you saying that a 1050ti is no good is bullshit. I use a shitty (by todays standards) 970 at 1440 and get 60 fps and better.

2 minutes ago, Cauptain said:

No. 30fps isn't good for any fighting game, shooters or FPS. Come on guys...9_9

Cauptain

No one is saying to play at 30 fps and the 1050ti at 1080p will do 60 fps on the vast majority of games with some tweaks if necessary.