LaunchBox Community Forums

I decided to re-post this because my last thread got a bit messy with all the changes I had made to the videos and logos over time, The collection is still not as good as I would like as simple a concept as these videos are but I'm happier with the way it is for now. I will take requests.

This is a collection of mostly Console based Genre Intro Videos I have made (Point & Click and Simulation is PC though). The concept is to make the videos fit with @letstalkaboutdune's Arcade Genre collection though there are some slight differences. Big thanks to letstalkaboutdune for his help and his Beat 'em up, Shoot 'em up, Puzzle, Fighting, Platform, Racing, Sports and Run & Gun Logos. Thanks to @Mute64 for his LightGun Logo. The other Logos are either Hyperspin logos or were made by me. Many thanks to the EmuMovies community and the HyperSpin community. The video files are hosted at EmuMovies.

Showcase:

The Individual Video files can be downloaded here:

My Playlists/Genres can be found here, they are not perfect but a good start

Action & Adventure LOGO.png

All Games LOGO.png

Beat 'Em Up LOGO.png

BOARD & CARD LOGO.png

Chillout LOGO.png

Classics LOGO.png

Fighting LOGO.png

Flying Games LOGO.png

Horror LOGO.png

Lightgun LOGO.png

Motor LOGO.png

Movie & TV Games LOGO 2 (!).png

Movie Games LOGO.png

Movie LOGO.png

Platform LOGO.png

Playlist Graffiti LOGO.png

Playlists Graffiti LOGO.png

Point & Click LOGO.png

Puzzle LOGO.png

Racing LOGO.png

Rhythm Games LOGO.png

Role-Playing LOGO.png

Run & Gun LOGO.png

Sci-FI LOGO (!).png

Shoot 'Em Ups LOGO.png

Shooter Games LOGO.png

Simulation  LOGO.png

Sports LOGO.png

Strategy.png

ARCADE.png

COMPUTERS.png

CONSOLES.png

GENRES.png

HANDHELDS.png

Genres Short LOGO.png

Playlists short LOGO.png

ACTION & ADVENTURE LOGO.png

All Games LOGO.png

Beat 'Em Up LOGO.png

BOARD & CARD LOGO.png

Chillout LOGO.png

Classics LOGO.png

Fighting LOGO.png

Flying Games LOGO.png

Horror LOGO.png

Lightgun LOGO.png

Motor LOGO.png

Movie & TV Games LOGO 2.png

Movie & TV Games LOGO.png

Movie Games LOGO.png

Movie LOGO.png

Platform LOGO.png

Playlist Graffiti LOGO.png

Playlists Graffiti LOGO.png

Point & Click LOGO.png

Puzzle LOGO.png

Racing LOGO.png

Rhythm Games LOGO.png

Role-Playing LOGO.png

Run & Gun LOGO.png

SC-IFI LOGO (!).png

Shoot 'Em Ups LOGO.png

Shooter Games LOGO.png

Simulation  LOGO.png

Sports LOGO.png

Strategy Alternate Logo (!).png

ARCADE.png

COMPUTERS.png

CONSOLES.png

GENRES.png

HANDHELDS.png

PLAYLISTS.png

Genres Short LOGO.png

Playlists short LOGO.png

2 Player LOGO (!).png

2 Player LOGO.png

4 Player LOGO (!).png

4 Player LOGO.png

Edited by Levo_Stone
  • Like 4

Action & Adventure

Shooter

Strategy

Shoot 'Em Ups

Beat 'Em Ups

Fighting

Motor

Racing

Platform

Flying (Star Fox Music)

Flying (Afterburner Music)

LightGun

Role Playing

Classics

Puzzle

Board & Card Games

Sports

Run & Gun (Metal Slug Music)

Run & Gun (Mercs Music)

Simulation (PC)

Point & Click (PC)

2 Player

4 Player (All Split-Screen)

4 Player (Mix)

Sci-Fi

Movie & TV 

Movie Games

Movie

Horror

Chillout

Playlists

Genres

Genres (Alternate Music)

Playlists (Graffiti)

Playlist (Graffiti)

All Games

Edited by Levo_Stone
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@moffSelect a game right click it and select add to playlist, give your playlist a name like "shoot em ups"then put a tick in the box "include this playlist in platform lists" and give your platform a name like "Genres" or "Playlists". Then to add the videos close launchBox and browse to LaunchBox\Videos\Platforms and place the Genre or Playlist video in there naming it the same name as your platform name, then to add (for example shoot em ups Intro video) browse to LaunchBox\Videos\Playlists and add the shoot em up intro video there and just keep adding videos in the playlist folder as you create more playlists in LAunchBox and make sure everything is named correctly and that should be it. Alternatively to adding playlists you could add my playlists to your data folder. Their not perfect but they can be found here:

For Example:

Capture.PNG

Edited by Levo_Stone
  • Like 2

I set everything up with your logos and Videos. Looks great. Now, do you know if it's possible to change the background fanart for each category? I have one single fanart background for each of my systems (I don't use per game fanart). Each playlist category has a fanart folder but no matter what I do, it always shows my system specific fanart. For example, If I pick a Super Nintendo fighting game, it shows me my Super Nintendo background. I would like all my fighting games to have a Fghting Genre background specific to this playlist. 

30 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

I set everything up with your logos and Videos. Looks great. Now, do you know if it's possible to change the background fanart for each category? I have one single fanart background for each of my systems (I don't use per game fanart). Each playlist category has a fanart folder but no matter what I do, it always shows my system specific fanart. For example, If I pick a Super Nintendo fighting game, it shows me my Super Nintendo background. I would like all my fighting games to have a Fghting Genre background specific to this playlist. 

Well for starters here is the 2 player intro. I am also updating the 4 player logo.

FILES:

2_Player.mp4

As for a background for just that playlist, I really don't know if that's possible...you should ask elsewhere really, It's an interesting Idea but as far as I know there is no way of doing that to playlists on their own it would have to effect your whole setup I think. but to be honest I just don't know and it may depend on the theme you are using. I imagine this is a feature people would want so if you don't get an answer elsewhere you should defiantly submit it as a feature request.

2 Player LOGO (!).png

2 Player LOGO.png

Edited by Levo_Stone
  • Like 4

@stevencostner I don't really get what you mean? Do you mean you want me to do a split screen of other peoples collection videos?? like Mortal Kombat or Mario Bros? I say other people because I do not have the ability yet to make those sort of videos myself. I would have to ask everyone's permission to use their videos and to be honest as good an idea as what your suggesting is I don't think everyone would be ok with that, but if you can give me a list of the videos you would like and who made them I could at least ask?

42 minutes ago, Levo_Stone said:

@stevencostner I don't really get what you mean? Do you mean you want me to do a split screen of other peoples collection videos?? like Mortal Kombat or Mario Bros? I say other people because I do not have the ability yet to make those sort of videos myself. I would have to ask everyone's permission to use their videos and to be honest as good an idea as what your suggesting is I don't think everyone would be ok with that, but if you can give me a list of the videos you would like and who made them I could at least ask?

I'll try to explain myself better, my playlist is in 2 sections

Collections: in this section I have a playlist for sagas, all zeldas all street fighters etc.

Imagen2.thumb.jpg.27e06388b5eb768ab197240352f7c501.jpgImagen3.thumb.jpg.47f130c7253c70f5812b5b2b28a86497.jpgplaylist: in this section I have the best of each genre with your videos, best Beat 'em up, best racing etc.

Imagen4.thumb.jpg.6c485a5902d0bd69b5fc286cc36f29de.jpgImagen5.thumb.jpg.493eb5e295067393715ef68b5e704a18.jpg

the only thing I ask is a video and logo like the ones you do that reflects that it is a section of collections of sagas with the name of "collections"

I think now I explained better xD