LaunchBox Community Forums

i have over 10tb storage a question

Ricardo42

hi im thinking what i should do i was thinking on building a plex server with tv shows movies but i also wanna build a game library with pc games emulators with a over 10tb storage you can build quite alot i gues all emulator games and pc games i was aiming on getting over 100tb i wil have that soon:)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Plex is a server client system. You install the server software on a pc preferably with a bit of horsepower for transcoding needs, then you install the client on other pc's. pi's, phones, game consoles etc. The client then streams the movie/tv show from the server to the client, either local or over the internet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 12:02 PM, Styphelus said:

For those in the dark, how does Plex work and what hardware do you need to build a Plex Server? I just ended up buying a very long and expensive HDMI cable to plug my computer to the TV. Reading these comments I feel like I'm way behind in tech.

Go to Monoprice.com, they have HDMI cables for less than a dollar a foot. The quality is excellent for the price paid and I have about 30 digital cables from them with no failures in 5 years.

https://www.monoprice.com/search/index?keyword=hdmi