LaunchBox Community Forums

We Need Your Help! We're being attacked and threatened.

Jason Carr

I'm good with taking all the blame, it really doesn't bother me. I encouraged Jason to release this because I feel it was more important to let the community know what was happening. If some people got their panties in a bunch over an email being sent out or they feel that this is divisive then so be it. Frankly for the most part a lot (if not all) of the complaints came from people that barely ever even post or take part in the community. The day to day forum and discord users don't seem to be as upset about this and if they are upset they are keeping it to themselves. We did have one person (a well known name in the emulation community) on the discord chat that decided to pop off at shit but he has never had anything to contribute to Launchbox but decided that tonight would be the time. He got a swift Discord ban for his troubles.

To all those saying this was unprofessional, I ask what would you do if someone was openly threatening your lively hood and means of taking care of your family ? Jason was looking for community support and for the most part he got it. We saw more positive posts from people who never or rarely post than we did negative. I will stand by this being a good thing and if anyone wants to blame anyone by all means blame me because I really don't give a shit, I will still be here helping people and keeping this place a friendly environment to ask for help.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

I'm good with taking all the blame, it really doesn't bother me. I encouraged Jason to release this because I feel it was more important to let the community know what was happening. If some people got their panties in a bunch over an email being sent out or they feel that this is divisive then so be it. Frankly for the most part a lot (if not all) of the complaints came from people that barely ever even post or take part in the community. The day to day forum and discord users don't seem to be as upset about this and if they are upset they are keeping it to themselves. We did have one person (a well known name in the emulation community) on the discord chat that decided to pop off at shit but he has never had anything to contribute to Launchbox but decided that tonight would be the time. He got a swift Discord ban for his troubles.

To all those saying this was unprofessional, I ask what would you do if someone was openly threatening your lively hood and means of taking care of your family ? Jason was looking for community support and for the most part he got it. We saw more positive posts from people who never or rarely post than we did negative. I will stand by this being a good thing and if anyone wants to blame anyone by all means blame me because I really don't give a shit, I will still be here helping people and keeping this place a friendly environment to as for help.

Amen to that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright guys, let's stop fighting back and forth. I can certainly understand where people are coming from in saying that I should not have sent the email. In fact, I'd by lying if I said I didn't have any regrets. I thought long and hard about it, but at this point at least I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps I should not have sent it out to everyone. My apologies for that, as the last thing I want to do is make people feel uncomfortable or divide the user base.

The fact of the matter is I don't make all the right decisions all the time. I'm a good developer (at least I hope) but this is certainly a learning experience for me. I don't think anything will be detrimental, but I do need to share that I haven't been overly confident in the decision I just made to send the email out to everyone. Thanks everybody for your feedback. :)

Let's go ahead and close this thread now, since we've certainly received enough feedback on the matter. For those that were offended, irritated, or thrown back, I am sorry for the unnecessary drama. As always, thanks everyone for all the support, whether it be feedback, community contributions, or simply just using the software.