LaunchBox Community Forums

Command lines help

knightCrawler

I have no clue but I have seen a the additional apps section in each game edit menu. or you could write some sort of .bat file to make it load both...

For intance I have successfully loaded these files on launchbox.  This one loads You dont know jack  version 2

:: YDKJ Version 2
::
@ECHO OFF

"Z:\VideoGames\Games\Computers\Windows\YDKJ\YDKJ 2.iso"
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 2 -w 2500 >NUL
"Z:\VideoGames\Games\Computers\Windows\YDKJ\V2\YDKJ32v2.exe" 
exit

First it runs the iso , which opens it in Virtualclone drive

Then it delays for 2500 (not sure how long that is), I change it to where it has the lowest number and still always works.

Then it runs the play file and exits the bat.  This way when i exit the game i go directly back to launchbox

if you just need to run cryptserver.exe (like double clicking it)  and then you just double click the file 'persona 4 ultimax.exe' , then just have the LB game set for running 'persona 4 ultimax.exe' , then edit the game choosing Additional Applications tab and add cryptserver.exe as a before game app. That would launch cryptserver.exe and then would launch 'persona 4 ultimax.exe'. As long as that's all you need, that should work.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:28 PM, ckp said:

if you just need to run cryptserver.exe (like double clicking it)  and then you just double click the file 'persona 4 ultimax.exe' , then just have the LB game set for running 'persona 4 ultimax.exe' , then edit the game choosing Additional Applications tab and add cryptserver.exe as a before game app. That would launch cryptserver.exe and then would launch 'persona 4 ultimax.exe'. As long as that's all you need, that should work.

Not sure how to do this!!

8 minutes ago, ckp said:

maybe @neil9000 can give the step by step for that, but it's basically just importing the game file 'persona 4 ultimax.exe' and then  edit the game choosing Additional Applications tab and add cryptserver.exe as a before game app

I'll be honest and say i have never used the additional apps feature, so i'm not quite sure how it works, but that sounds about right. :) 

Its 6am and I have nothing to do...

@ckp pretty much covered it.

Import persona.exe into launchbox

Inside launchbox right click on persona, edit

additional apps tab

add app

give it any name

browse to cryptserver.exe

check "run before main application"

Ok

But... Im assuming as @Aevans0001 has created a bat to run his game that you might have problems (difference being he/she is mounting iso). For instance if cryptserver needs a moment to load before starting persona than its not going to work as intended. Also when exiting persona, cryptserver might continue to run in the back ground if persona doesn't close it automatically on exit. Also im assuming like @ckp, that cryptserver only has to be executed and nothing else.

Edited by jayjay

When you escape with controller automation, 'persona 4 ultimax.exe' should automatically close. If it doesn't you can kill it with an additional app that runs after game exit, which can just be a simple command or batch file to exit/kill the process, including cryptserver.exe if necessary

Can't you click this box?

Untitled.thumb.png.34cce727e48f5d4cb85f9a8ff0b741ca.png

A batch file would also work.

Steps:

1.  Right click on desktop

2. Choose new text file

3. Open new file

4. Paste this in file

taskkill /IM notepad.exe

Change notepad.exe to whatever cryptserver exe is.

5.  Save as

6. Rename it whatever you like and put .bat at end of file.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2cda8fb31597ff01aa80fa1375f6a5eb.jpg

Edited by Aevans0001

On 1/14/2018 at 11:24 AM, pipes78 said:

Try using game loader mate to run

I can agree with this. colpipes1978 on youtube has a great 4 part tutorial. Following his steps I had around 40 nesica games up and running.Only 2 did not work but was the same 2 he couldn't get to run. No additional apps or anything, just launch the loader and it works. Anyone having issues should definitely check out his page.

Edit...

And I'm just realizing @pipes78 is the same guy lol. duh ...  Great work you do there !!

Edited by Sithel

7 hours ago, Sithel said:

I can agree with this. colpipes1978 on youtube has a great 4 part tutorial. Following his steps I had around 40 nesica games up and running.Only 2 did not work but was the same 2 he couldn't get to run. No additional apps or anything, just launch the loader and it works. Anyone having issues should definitely check out his page.

Edit...

And I'm just realizing @pipes78 is the same guy lol. duh ...  Great work you do there !!

Glad you got it working mate. Its a tough system to crack. In my opinion its the easiest and best way, using game loader, to get it working