LaunchBox Community Forums

Apogee BK-01

rrichter

Hi @rrichter

As the Apogee BK-01 is a clone of the Radio86RK machine you will need both romsets apogee.zip and radio86.zip.
Using MAME as the emulator in LaunchBox your Default Command-Line Parameters for the Associated Platform are
apogee -cass
Whether you launch a game directly from MAME or through LaunchBox you will only get as far as the screen with the Russian prompt.
At the prompt type I and press Return.
Next toggle Scroll Lock to switch the keyboard from Full to Partial emulation.
Press TAB, Tape Control and Play.
When your game has loaded, some hex codes will appear.
Exit back to the machine and use Scroll Lock to enable Full keyboard emulation once again.
Finally type G at the Russian prompt and press Return to open your game.
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/19/2018 at 6:53 AM, spycat said:

At the prompt type I and press Return

Just to confirm, is that a lower-case L on the keyboard? After pressing this do you normally get 4 0's appear before pressing Scroll Lock?

When your game has loaded, some hex codes will appear.

After the 34 or so seconds of what can only be described as listening to Satan farting out of his dick hole I do not see any hex codes.

Finally type G at the Russian prompt and press Return to open your game.

This does not matter if it is capitalized right? Just the letter G on the keyboard?

After going through all these steps about 10 seconds later the screen just start flickering like something Alex DeLarge would have been made to watch in Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange.

• 1 year later...

I have never been able to get tape games to work properly in mame i do all the proper steps but after playing the tape and going back to input proper commands it does nothing i dunno if it because i remapped scroll lock to left alt or what but no dice maybe it is the version of mame i use .210b i dunno i just cant get it to work after the tape has played i get no hex values or anything and if i go back and press g the cursor just blinks and i'm unable to input any further commands i also have this problem trying to run acorn atom and apf imagination machine tapes (the apf tapes are worse though because it doesnt boot into basic or anything of the sort just "rocket patrol"

Edited by HallowedTruth

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Just in case someone needs it. In the actual version of mame 0.246 this would be the instructions after system loads:

1) Type I  (The letter between U and O in a spanish keyboard)

2) Press Intro

3) Play the tape via MAME Menu

4) Wait until ends loading, and press Intro.

5) Type G and press Intro again.

• Like 1