LaunchBox Community Forums

Double Dragon 1987 problem

kyoken

Can confirm there is no way that I could figure out how to force it to the 1987 game and not the 1995 game, even just search for "Double" every other game with that word in the title shows up but the 1987 version of Double Dragon is not in the selection. Would be nice to have a feature in Launchbox to just manually put in the DB id #.

Tagging @Jason Carr

• Like 2

some games like shinobi, golden axe, shadow warrior, all (Sega Mega-Tech games), if you choose combine roms, it merges with Original Arcade Games, different game same name.....maybe if Jason can Add (Mega-Tech) to those games, or a Checkbox to don´t import it........

On 18/1/2018 at 11:58 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Can confirm there is no way that I could figure out how to force it to the 1987 game and not the 1995 game, even just search for "Double" every other game with that word in the title shows up but the 1987 version of Double Dragon is not in the selection. Would be nice to have a feature in Launchbox to just manually put in the DB id #.

Tagging @Jason Carr

Same for Super Mario Bros 2 (NES)
Super Mario bors 2 (lost levels ) Famicom Disk .

• Like 1

I think that in very special cases like this one or other cases where there are identically named games, exceptions can be made in the database for scraping purposes. It's technically against the guidelines, but I'd rather bend a rule or two to help people enjoy their games than mindlessly stick to the rules. BTW I was one of the moderators that approved the Double Dragon (Neo-Geo) name change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1