LaunchBox Community Forums

I recently set up Pcsx2 in Launch Box and it is working beautifully.

I used the tutorial titled "LaunchBox Tutorials - Emulating PS2 with PCSX2" on YouTube to get it all set up. 

Great video but I have encountered one wired issue so far.

When I launched a game of devil my cry I got this strange video effect where parts of the video overlap itself (See Pictures below)

5a61e8b8bbd4d_Pcsx2videoerror1.thumb.png.cea12c26165ac5966195798f897967c9.png
5a61e8e0dfeca_Pcsx2videoerror2.thumb.png.68cbf835d295a673d2825c379626448f.png5a61e975083e4_Pcsx2videoerror3.thumb.png.bd69421e03a4cbe394a8aa7dfb0eeb9d.pngAlso this doesn't happen during the first pre-rendered cut scene or in the menus only in the game engine stuff it would seem.

I have no idea what is happening or how to fix it so any help would be welcome.

and thank you in advance.

It has been a while since I messed with PCSX2 games but a couple tips I remeber with Devil May Cry. 

1. Try this sort of hack....during game press select, go to options and hang out in the options menu for about 8-10 seconds. When you return to game the graphic glitch should be gone. Not sure if that still works on the most recent version of PCSX2 but I know it worked the last time I played it. 

2. In your PCSX2 settings try setting using a software renderer or setting internal resolution to native. Not the best since the game will not looks its best but that should help with the glitch. 

Again, I cannot confirm this still helps in the recent builds of PCSX2 just that it worked when I played the game and saw the glitch. If it does not work I recommend searching the PCSX2 forum. You can easily find tweaks to specific games as not all game run straight out of the box. 

• Like 1

If you're planning on setting up any remotely large number of PS2 games in your library, I highly recommend doing yourself a favor and getting the PCSX2 Configurator plugin. This allows you to create configs for each game separately, which is important because the settings that work best for one game aren't necessarily best for another.

In addition to this, I've created individual configs for 200 PS2 games (and growing) that can be downloaded and applied automatically directly through the plugin - you press a button in LB, if it recognizes the title as one I've created a config for it downloads and applies it automatically. The configs are designed for PCSX2 1.5.0, not 1.4.0. 1.4.0 is the "stable" version but it's way out of date at this point - it's more than a year old, and there are tons of fixes that have been implemented in the meantime. You can find the newest builds here: https://pcsx2.net/download/development.html

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

If you're planning on setting up any remotely large number of PS2 games in your library, I highly recommend doing yourself a favor and getting the PCSX2 Configurator plugin. This allows you to create configs for each game separately, which is important because the settings that work best for one game aren't necessarily best for another.

In addition to this, I've created individual configs for 200 PS2 games (and growing) that can be downloaded and applied automatically directly through the plugin - you press a button in LB, if it recognizes the title as one I've created a config for it downloads and applies it automatically. The configs are designed for PCSX2 1.5.0, not 1.4.0. 1.4.0 is the "stable" version but it's way out of date at this point - it's more than a year old, and there are tons of fixes that have been implemented in the meantime. You can find the newest builds here: https://pcsx2.net/download/development.html

Thank you so much zombie beaver. I had a little trouble getting this set up but once I did It fixed all my problems with all my ps2 games.

This plugin is a must have for Pcsx2.

• 3 weeks later...