LaunchBox Community Forums

steering wheel navigation

AndrewVGrainger

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Yikes, that sounds like a mess. It doesn't sound like I'll be able to fix any of those issues without getting my hands on a G27 set myself. Unfortunately I'll probably have to turn support back off until I can get one.

@Jason Carr I don't think you need a G27 for this task. If you can get your hands on any generic DINPUT controller and make it work with the software, I assume G27 will work just fine after it. I'm an average programmer and had made a few things in the past, but nothing on this scope. But I think I'm not far from the truth when I say that you just need a DINPUT device to make it happen. Anyway, I'm avaliable to do any test you need for this. Just gimme a shout. Thanks very much for the fixes.

ps.: just to clarify, the issue is just on the remmaping part, but the G27 works on BigBox for everything, even for Automation like "Close Active Window" command combo. I'm using it right now. :)

Edited by coleroddy

1 hour ago, coleroddy said:

@Jason Carr I don't think you need a G27 for this task. If you can get your hands on any generic DINPUT controller and make it work with the software, I assume G27 will work just fine after it. I'm an average programmer and had made a few things in the past, but nothing on this scope. But I think I'm not far from the truth when I say that you just need a DINPUT device to make it happen. Anyway, I'm avaliable to do any test you need for this. Just gimme a shout. Thanks very much for the fixes.

ps.: just to clarify, the issue is just on the remmaping part, but the G27 works on BigBox for everything, even for Automation like "Close Active Window" command combo. I'm using it right now. :)

I've tested with numerous DInput devices already, and they do not have those issues, so sadly, yes, I will need the device to get it figured out.

34 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I've tested with numerous DInput devices already, and they do not have those issues, so sadly, yes, I will need the device to get it figured out.

Oh you did? Bummer. I thought it could be easier. I was wrong. Sorry. Maybe you need a G27 indeed to fix the issue. But as it is now, it's working even if it's not idealy the best solution. I'm gonna keep this beta on a separate installation while we wait for the propper fix. Thanks again, Jason.

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yikes, that sounds like a mess. It doesn't sound like I'll be able to fix any of those issues without getting my hands on a G27 set myself. Unfortunately I'll probably have to turn support back off until I can get one.

I just had to combine the pedals using the Logitech software because it was scrolling down. This is a Logitech G920.

So happy about this.???

THANK YOU!!! ??????

Hi, Any update on geting the D pad and buttons working on a G920? I've just built a multi driving cab and used the G920 wheel. I was about to buy the premium bigbox but realised I couldn't navigate with the wheel. I really don't want to complicate matters but using vjoy or ahk as a work around.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, jayc001 said:

Hi, Any update on geting the D pad and buttons working on a G920? I've just built a multi driving cab and used the G920 wheel. I was about to buy the premium bigbox but realised I couldn't navigate with the wheel. I really don't want to complicate matters but using vjoy or ahk as a work around.

Thanks

Yes it works. If u download the latest beta of launchbox

OK so updated to 10.11 beta 12. G920 recognised in controllers. When enabled it constantly scrolls mouse down. I disabled it then cleared all mappings and that stopped the scrolling. When to map buttons and it does not recognise any inputs. I think it still needs work. 

I'm running w10 IOT LTSC, ver 1809, Logitech driver is 8.85.75.0 and Logitech gaming software 9.02 if that helps. 

16 minutes ago, actiononion said:

Tick the combine pedals in the Logitech software. That will stop it scrolling down.  If u look for my video a few posts back u can see me using it. 

Hope that helps

I tried that and yes it does stop the scrolling but I'm still not able to map buttons. Initially I did get it to recognise button A but it shows as left stick down + button 1 where as button A is actually button 6 under USB game controller. After this happens anyhow the software locks up and won't recognise any input unless I restart it.

I've just installed Logitech G Hub and it installs a much newer driver (ver 2019.3.129.0) for the wheel. Interestingly this changed the behaviour. Combining pedals not required to prevent scrolling but when mapping this time button A maps to button 1 but again locks up after this and nothing will unlock till Launchbox is restarted.

Ok under new beta released same thing however combining pedals now does seem to cure the freezing whilst mapping and I can map all controls. Problem is after spending a couple of weeks getting all games working as I wanted with the G920 I don't want to have to remap all the games to work with combined pedals. Is this something that is likely to be rectified on a later release?

7 minutes ago, jayc001 said:

Ok under new beta released same thing however combining pedals now does seem to cure the freezing whilst mapping and I can map all controls. Problem is after spending a couple of weeks getting all games working as I wanted with the G920 I don't want to have to remap all the games to work with combined pedals. Is this something that is likely to be rectified on a later release?

The problem is that I don't have a G920 to test with currently, so if it does happen, it'll probably be a while. I'm not positive, but I suspect that that issue is specific to that setup.

25 minutes ago, jayc001 said:

set up a profile using Logitech software so that when bigbox is running the pedals are combined then setup another profile so when the emulators are running the pedals are not combined

it works perfectly and my arcade is now complete with bigbox and 72 arcade racers using different emulators

• 1 month later...

Hello my friend, after two years of failure i finally find how to use my g27 in menu !!!!!and in games too.

1-First you need to dowload the last version of LB.///telecharger la dernière version de launchbox.

Probleme of scrolling down in menu///La vous aller avoir un problème. Le pointeur de la souris va scroller vers le bas....la solution est de combiner les pédales. 

2-create a launchbox Logitech profile///Creer un profil logitech pour launchbox

3-aller dans l'onglet edition>paramètres spécifiques du jeu>activer les pédales combinés. 

Scrolling down is finish!top! but an onother problème now...no gaz and brake in games....//// Donc la ce sera le menu avec la souris et vous pourrez aussi faire défiler le menu avec le volant ! Top ! Mais un autre problème va se passer: le gaz et les freins ne vont plus fonctionner dans les jeux....

Solution in french sorry... La solution: retourner dans le profiler logitech 

Aller dans dispositif >propriétés >paramètres > décocher la case pédales combinées. 

Bingo le g27 fonctionne dans le menu et les jeux!!! Enjoy.

Edited by Sebabav

• 3 months later...

I’m looking into building a racing MAME for my grandpa because he and I used to love competing against one another when I was a child. He can’t really get out that much and recently mentioned that he loved doing that with me. I wanna surprise him with a game we can play together and want to know how I should get started with the software. 

I have Launchbox because I build and sell custom arcades so I’m pretty familiar with that already. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 3:45 PM, actiononion said:

set up a profile using Logitech software so that when bigbox is running the pedals are combined then setup another profile so when the emulators are running the pedals are not combined

it works perfectly and my arcade is now complete with bigbox and 72 arcade racers using different emulators

Sorry for bumping an old post, Do you know how to set the profiles in G hub? I can't seem to get them to stick. 

2 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

Sorry for bumping an old post, Do you know how to set the profiles in G hub? I can't seem to get them to stick. 

Hello mate. Off the top of my head I just created a profile for each emulator, mame, demul, model 2 & 3 then individual profiles for Teknoparrot arcades. Each profile needs linked to each emulators exe so it opens automatically when you launch the game from launchbox