LaunchBox Community Forums

Need some background music recommendation

spectral

While I think the video's in Big Box look cool, a lot of the audio is grating. I muted them but that leads to the whole experience feeling a little flat. I was hoping to have some separate relevant theme music for each platform but it looks like per platform music isn't an option. So I need some recommendation on some general Big Box background music. I'm like it to sound gamey and not too bombastic, kind of mellow that wouldn't feel out of place for any of the platforms.

Also is there a way to stop Big Box popping up what background music is playing when it starts to play?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/24/2018 at 6:15 AM, Zombeaver said:

I have one playlist that I use for Cityhunter:

And one that I use for everything else:

The display box for the songs can be disabled by unchecking this box:

image.thumb.png.01c617033fa9c856b0c3e6e31c7e76a4.png

That first playlist is perfect for what I want - how do I get Big box to play that?!

35 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

You'll need them in mp3 form and then add them to your Music > Background folder.

You can use something like 4k Video Downloader to download/convert from YouTube.

Thanks!

Do you know how I can make them only play on subcategories? I.e. in the games lists... on the main menus my playlists/platforms already have music on the videos?

In pretty sure there is a way, but I'm not sure. I know you can set themes on a per-platform basis so I'd assume you could do something similar with music. It's not something I've messed with though.

Personally, I have all my video's set to mute and use them as background music across the board.

2 hours ago, vaderag said:

Thanks!

Do you know how I can make them only play on subcategories? I.e. in the games lists... on the main menus my playlists/platforms already have music on the videos?

17 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

In pretty sure there is a way, but I'm not sure. I know you can set themes on a per-platform basis so I'd assume you could do something similar with music. It's not something I've messed with though.

Personally, I have all my video's set to mute and use them as background music across the board.

If i recall as i dont use music myself, i think they go in Music/Background/Platform or Playlist/name of platform or playlist.

21 hours ago, neil9000 said:

If i recall as i dont use music myself, i think they go in Music/Background/Platform or Playlist/name of platform or playlist.

Thanks guys.

Had a look and you can put them in platform subfolder, but they don't seem to support shortcuts so if i want to randomize 75 sounds then I'd need to have a copy of each of these in every subfolder.

Would be nice to be able to put them the level up to have for everything, but guess it is what it is!