LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching AM2R from Launchbox

Tromzy

I have AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) on my PC and I can launch it fine through its executable, but for some reason, I cannot launch it through Launchbox / Big Box. I added the game manually, put the path to the executable, scrapped the game, but it does not launch.

I must say that I use a reshade to add scanlines to the game, so maybe that's where the problem lies ; though, I don't have to add custom command line or anything when I launch the game through its executable outside Launchbox. Steam launches the game fine too.

Is there a way to see logs or anything that could give me a hint on what happens (or does not happen) ?

@Tromzy I have problems with launching this game through LB as well.

The game loads perfectly fine launching the exe or shortcut file directly but through LB I get this error.5abbf5b2ce9ab_2018-03-2815_01_38-AM2R.png.eac5c2fc1b6d978925385d5c5503c1cb.pngI'm not using Reshade with it and if I disable fullscreen optimization that gives me a black screen when loading the game using the exe or shortcut.

I am truly stumped on this one, this is the only game I have seen that has done this and it makes no sense at all since loading the games exe or shortcut file directly is not a problem, it's only loading through LB that gives the error.

Okay, something weird is happening : I put Reshade again in the AM2R folder, tried disabling DPI scaling, launched the game through LB and... It worked ! Then I unchecked "Disable DPI scaling", launched the game through LB again and it still works ! Reshade works, fullscreen too. I'm baffled by this but hey, at least it works now...

Edited by Tromzy