LaunchBox Community Forums

SEGA Saturn stuck on system settings menu in Mednafen

flatuswalrus

My SEGA Saturn was working just dandy in Mednafen. Then all of a sudden something happened, like a gremlin crawled in there and got all up in its' shit.

When I launch a Saturn title from LaunchBox or BigBox Mednafen starts up the Saturn first showing the startup screen then goes into settings where you set the date and time. It never used to do that and although I try entering the settings it never progresses further than that into the game.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? I have tried searching for information but did not come across any.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JaceRaster said:

Have you had any luck into finding a solution? I started running into this problem as well

I have not looked into this any further as I got sidetracked with other stuff but will definitely try again and when I do I will post here.

1 hour ago, Shinryu said:

Try using cdmage to fix your game isos and see if that works. Shining Force 3 was giving me same grief but I used cdmage to fix it and it ran perfectly afterwards.

All my Saturn games are .cue, will that make a difference? They have the corresponding .bin file with each .cue.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, Shinryu said:

are you using beetle saturn retroarch core?

Directly from Mednafen, where it worked previously. I just tried it in Retroarch with the Yabause core and it did not work. I downloaded the Beetle_Saturn core but it does not appear in the core folder. There is a mednafen_saturn_libretro.dll in there but that one does not work. Out of the Retroarch ones Yabause is the only one that launches them, but into a black screen.

Edited by Dane

17 minutes ago, Dane said:

Directly from Mednafen, where it worked previously. I just tried it in Retroarch with the Yabause core and it did not work. I downloaded the Beetle_Saturn core but it does not appear in the core folder. There is a mednafen_saturn_libretro.dll in there but that one does not work. Out of there Retroarch ones Yabause is the only one that launches them, but into a black screen.

Beetle and mednafen are the same thing in retroarch, just different name. Do you have the saturn bios files in retroarch system folder? I could never get Yabause to work but the mednafen retroarch core works for me.

30 minutes ago, Shinryu said:

Beetle and mednafen are the same thing in retroarch, just different name. Do you have the saturn bios files in retroarch system folder? I could never get Yabause to work but the mednafen retroarch core works for me.

I am missing the following:image.thumb.png.6cec323cdc2475fe75709ac7a86bc3dd.pngI am not asking where to get the BIOS files as that is naughty. Though, from what I do have below have I got them but they are just named incorrectly because I am unable to locate the files needed going by what Retroarch calls them:image.thumb.png.d92c5aaedf04f5b4c928aacb4761a5ae.png

Okay the 2 ROM carts aren't that important its the US bios that is missing so you can't play any US or European games without that if you have any Japanese games those should work. You can always try renaming and if you have the correct file it should be fine.

10 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Okay the 2 ROM carts aren't that important its the US bios that is missing so you can't play any US or European games without that if you have any Japanese games those should work. You can always try renaming and if you have the correct file it should be fine.

This is the right Command-Like right?: -L "cores\beetle_saturn_libretro.dlll"

Edited by Dane