LaunchBox Community Forums

Switching from Hyperspin! Starting the process

vincefaro

Hi, I just wanted to say hello. I have a Arcade cabinet that has been running Hyperspin since I created it two years ago. I am just tired of trying to get the front end to work properly . Primarily the simple things such as controlling the wheel and having it NOT skip up and down or randomly choose a game without me doing so . I just cant take it anymore. I saw a video where Launchbox had two monitors running one for the game and one for the Marquee , Well that is all i needed to see because I have that type of arcade cabinet. If that works in Launchbox well , Goodbye Hyperspin. This will be a work in progress. We will see. Here are pics of my machine if anyone cares. Hi all!

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151382.0.html

Hi and welcome, just did a quick browse of your cabinet thread, the shots of it in the dark are awesome and the quality of the build really good. I don't have a marquee in my cab but that just makes me want one :D, I'm pretty sure you can get the marquee working as you currently have it showing. There's a great bunch of people around here that can help if you get stuck at all. 

So I have been setting up my machine today , and so far I am very impressed with the transition . I already have my custom video on startup and some of the wheels setup , my first question is on Bigbox startup after the intro video I would like it to go straight to the view platforms mode . Right now it starts on Platform categories. Howe do I get it to start on Platforms? 

Thanks

Startup.png

View_Platforms.png

Nice cabinet :-)
Can you post the actual dimensions of your marquee monitor... and a link to where you bought it? I didn't realize you could get something like that in a custom size.

I made the transition myself from HS a while back. So much happier... none of the old problems! I have recently incorporated RocketLauncher back in the mix though for 'Pause' and 'Bezel' support.

1 minute ago, DerHof2007 said:

Hey thank you. Considering getting one of these.
I have no experience with a second monitor for marquee... If I wanted to for systems without marquees can I have some sort of video or animation playing instead of a static picture?

Right now videos/animations are not supported through Launchbox for marquee. Something I have been anxiously waiting for. Upgraded marquee support did not make the cut on the last poll Jason did so we may have a bit of a longer wait.