LaunchBox Community Forums

Display only games with specific missing media for audit

Kondorito

Hey guys!

Im on a quest; to have ALL my games with their corresponding front and back cover, 3d box, cart/disk, and a bg if possible.

Maybe what I am about to ask can be done already, but I have not found yet how to do it.

Is there a way of showing only the games that are lacking of specific media (and which media is missing), so the user can either run a media scrape through LB, or simply start adding manually the media type missing?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

Using the Audit tool you can sort by media type so you will have all the missing ones grouped up.

Cheers LM. I saw the audit tool and thought it was MAME related only. Will play with it once I ger back home. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

The LaunchBox Games Database is designed very differently than the Hyperspin XMLs, for example, as there is no guarantee that the LaunchBox Games Database has every single game for a particular platform. It's more flexible than that, and allows for game hacks, etc. It's not meant to be a de facto standard for what games are available for a particular platform, so such functionality would be moot.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Jason Carr said:

The LaunchBox Games Database is designed very differently than the Hyperspin XMLs, for example, as there is no guarantee that the LaunchBox Games Database has every single game for a particular platform. It's more flexible than that, and allows for game hacks, etc. It's not meant to be a de facto standard for what games are available for a particular platform, so such functionality would be moot.

Doesnt it make sense to integrate the database into it though.  It would be helpful to both the user and to the database.  As a user I can see what games the database has that I don't and more inportantly what games I have that the database doesn't. As of right now the only way for me to know what games are missing from the database is to literally go to my collection and check one by one if it's also in the database.  If they are integrated it cuts the users research time down to literally the click of a button.  I know I was working on posting the Game Boy stuff a few months back and just gave up because cross referencing lists/my collection on launchbox with the database was SOOO time consuming.

Edited by heelsinc

On 6/11/2018 at 9:11 AM, heelsinc said:

Doesnt it make sense to integrate the database into it though.  It would be helpful to both the user and to the database.  As a user I can see what games the database has that I don't and more inportantly what games I have that the database doesn't. As of right now the only way for me to know what games are missing from the database is to literally go to my collection and check one by one if it's also in the database.  If they are integrated it cuts the users research time down to literally the click of a button.  I know I was working on posting the Game Boy stuff a few months back and just gave up because cross referencing lists/my collection on launchbox with the database was SOOO time consuming.

Yeah, I feel you, though what I don't understand is that it seems to me when you initially download a No Intro romset, for example, you already know that you have a full set. If you've been piecemailing things, then you might as well just start over and grab a full set, if you're concerned about missing games.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, I feel you, though what I don't understand is that it seems to me when you initially download a No Intro romset, for example, you already know that you have a full set. If you've been piecemailing things, then you might as well just start over and grab a full set, if you're concerned about missing games.

True I think when you get to the disc based systems it becomes a little harder to find full sets at least that has been my experience but again I'm more interested in this feature to be able to help the database.  I think it would be much faster if I could do an audit sort the list to show games I have in my collection that the DB does not instead of having to just compare the launchbox collection with the DB game by game.  It would get the DB updated to completion much faster. 

Edited by heelsinc
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I would also really like to check in the database what games are missing from my collection, and which games are missing on the database.

Is there a feature request for Launchbox? This would be one of my top, if not the main one.

2 hours ago, MTR said:

I would also really like to check in the database what games are missing from my collection, and which games are missing on the database.

Is there a feature request for Launchbox? This would be one of my top, if not the main one.

Menu Options at the very top of the forum has the feature request. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 4.52.24 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...