LaunchBox Community Forums

Good Game Video Clips?

thedevilsjester

Are there any sites (free or paid) that have good quality video clips for many/most emulated games?

EmuMovies is the only site I know about, and their video clips are terrible.

"Good Quality" to me means that the clip is representative of the general gameplay.  A mini ~30-60 second trailer of sorts.

1 hour ago, thedevilsjester said:

"Good Quality" to me means that the clip is representative of the general gameplay.  A mini ~30-60 second trailer of sorts.

Well that is what the emumovies videos are, generally about 30 seconds of gameplay with the title screen shown at the end of the video.

Unfortunately if you want something different than that you will have to make your own or just rip the game trailers from youtube, of course you wont find trailers for 99% of the games you emulate though.

On 7/6/2018 at 4:44 PM, neil9000 said:

Well that is what the emumovies videos are, generally about 30 seconds of gameplay with the title screen shown at the end of the video.

The clips at EmuMovies are a seemingly random 30 seconds from roughly the first couple minutes of the game.  It does not matter if that first couple minutes is not actually representative of the gameplay.  I don't want this topic to turn into a rant about EmuMovies, but a tactical combat game that doesn't show any tactical combat and spends 30 seconds navigating the menu/hub (as an actual example of some of the videos) is not very useful.

I will make my own if I have to, but I cannot be the first one to want good video clips of classic emulated titles.  I would rather spend my time playing the games than making clips of them, if someone else has already done this.

Edited by thedevilsjester

• 2 weeks later...