LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not importing all roms?

Zeaede

No i have checked it, those roms it does not import it can't find with search

It's strange

With Launchbox roms it adds some roms, with the database on FS-UAE it does not add same roms? Éven if openretro says the games exists but not on my list on FS-UA

Edited by Zeaede

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be interested in finding out why this is happening as well.  I've got over two thousand SNES roms and only 172 are imported.  Lots of well-known commercial releases simply aren't coming through to the database.

Edit: I've been playing around with the import features. What I've done is imported the files, instead of importing the folder.  Click the first file on the list, scroll to the bottom and while holding shift, click the last file. Not sure what causes importing via folder to miss so many games, but it seems that being a bit more direct with the instruction did the trick for those SNES games, which now shows up as a few over eight hundred.

Edited by ultranothing

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2018 at 4:33 AM, ultranothing said:

I'd be interested in finding out why this is happening as well.  I've got over two thousand SNES roms and only 172 are imported.  Lots of well-known commercial releases simply aren't coming through to the database.

Edit: I've been playing around with the import features. What I've done is imported the files, instead of importing the folder.  Click the first file on the list, scroll to the bottom and while holding shift, click the last file. Not sure what causes importing via folder to miss so many games, but it seems that being a bit more direct with the instruction did the trick for those SNES games, which now shows up as a few over eight hundred.

One year later, there are still problems with many sets. Let's take the SNES example. I try to import the folder of a well known pack of 777 SNES games ? ...Launchbox imports only 700 (but the readme file ?).

Next I marked all titles in the folder and import again >> 1 new game imported. I don't know the name of the game because Launchbox did not tell me. It's not very transparent at this point. I can't even say exactly what games are missing because the titles are not 100% in order, so it would take forever to check all games. But 2 of the missing SNES games are "B.O.B." and "Jelly Boy".

For me, the trasparency and reliability of a frontend is much more important than it's looks. (Better don't start talking about the speed of bigbox ?)

So I really don't understand why the forum is not full about that. If I import to ANY other frontend (f.e. AttractMode), all 777 titles are there. Same with any other set.

Is there a trick I am missing? I did not find a solution in this forum. Please help!

2 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

I did some testing recently and there is a bug with the importer missing games and it appears to be somehow related to the platform naming. I also told Jason about it and he said he was going to look into it.

Thanks for the info. It looks like launchbox ignores games from multiple plattforms. So it's no SNES-only-problem.

Hope it get fixed soon.

In my tests I found that if you name the platform differently from the default such as Super Nintendo instead of Super Nintendo Entertainment system but scrape as Super Nintendo Entertainment System it worked fine and caught all the games. Another thing I found was if you turn on Force Import Duplicates it seems to catch every game as well.

Though keep in mind my test was done using a smaller set of SNES specific roms. I did not go beyond that since I was able to reproduce the issue as it was reported by another user.

Since i first wrote this, things has become better with updates

Usually when im importing my sets i compare with hyperspin xml or right click to see how many files are in that folder

That has improved

The thing now seems to be the dublicates

• 2 months later...

this worked for me.

Lordmonkus
reported this fix on this thread and it worked for me.  I simply imported my roms as namoi 5 (something thats not on the default list) 

Posted August 17
In my tests I found that if you name the platform differently from the default such as Super Nintendo instead of Super Nintendo Entertainment system but scrape as Super Nintendo Entertainment System it worked fine and caught all the games. Another thing I found was if you turn on Force Import Duplicates it seems to catch every game as well.

Though keep in mind my test was done using a smaller set of SNES specific roms. I did not go beyond that since I was able to reproduce the issue as it was reported by another user.

• 1 month later...

I'm having this problem too and the duplicates tick doesn't help.

In my case, I'm only missing like 1-4% of any system, but it doesn't make sense because I don't have any clones or multi-regions (1G1R).  I'm validating all roms with the latest No-Intros.

I can't even tell which ones are missing because for example, it'll see 588 of 595 roms.  Retroarch sees them all and so do RomCenter and others.  Launchbox is the only one with this issue.

• 7 months later...

Is there any update regarding this issue - I'm having trouble importing a Redump set of Nintendo Wii, several .wbfs files are not being imported including Sesame Street Wii games.

Here are some examples:

• Sesame Street - Cookie's Counting Carnival - The Videogame (USA)
  • Sesame Street - Elmo's A-to-Zoo Adventure - The Videogame (USA)
  • Sesame Street - Elmo's Musical Monsterpiece - The Videogame (USA) (En,Es)
  • Sesame Street - Ready, Set, Grover! with Elmo - The Videogame (USA) (En,Es)

The importer parsed the name correctly in the previews, but doesn't import the actual ROM.

I'll try turning off duplicates, but like others, would prefer to have a working importer.

Out of 1270 wbfs files, only 1147 are importer - so almost 10% unique ROMs are being ignored.

I wish Launchbox would produce an import audit report as well?

UPDATE: Turning off the duplicate checking options worked - all games now imported. 

Edited by coolspot

• 1 year later...

Hello, I was curious if anyone has figured out a fix for this yet. I'm having a similar issue where LB isn't importing all the files. If i attempt to import again it might recognize a few roms that weren't imported before but will fail. If there was a way to compare the LB library to my rom folder i could manually import them but when you don't even know what file your trying to import its like a needle in a haystack. Force duplication is kinda a pain when you have over 100 games being added then you have to go through deleting everything.

Edited by DraxDauragon

10 hours ago, DraxDauragon said:

Hello, I was curious if anyone has figured out a fix for this yet. I'm having a similar issue where LB isn't importing all the files. If i attempt to import again it might recognize a few roms that weren't imported before but will fail. If there was a way to compare the LB library to my rom folder i could manually import them but when you don't even know what file your trying to import its like a needle in a haystack. Force duplication is kinda a pain when you have over 100 games being added then you have to go through deleting everything.

Hi @DraxDauragon. This issue was fixed a while back and shouldn't be an issue with current versions of LaunchBox.

It's possible that you may be seeing other issues. The most common are:

• You already have the same ROM imported in another platform - you'll have to check Force Duplication option to import the game again in another platform. This is common for people wanting to import MAME full rom sets, but then also want to import certain arcade systems as separate platforms as well.
  • You have combine ROMs enabled during import - this will combine different versions of the same ROM into one game entry, making it look like LaunchBox imported less games than the files that you have.
  • You have something checked under View > Hide Games - this will import games and then hide them based on any settings you have enabled in there. For example, if you have enabled "Hide Games > Missing Videos", then the game won't show up in your list if you didn't download videos for it during import.