LaunchBox Community Forums

Converting from Hyperspin

nani17

First off hello new here.

I'm currently considering switching from Hyperspin to Bigbox due to hyperspin randomly stop working every month or two. Even though I don't change anything settings. 

I have over 600gb of content from menus systems emulators media etc. How easy is it to transfer this to bigbox and is it possible to do so. I would also like to keep the overall style I have.

I understand adding systems is much easier to do. By the found out about it from Metal Jesus Rocks 

I actually preferred to move my box art, carts, and wheels over from hyperspin because of their high quality sets there.  Just have to find the corresponding folder, and launchbox should be able to match them to the roms.  In some cases I had to tweak a name here or there, to match launchbox, but nothing too bad.  Just take a look around the folder structure and i'm sure you'll pick up on where things need to be.

It's really easy to switch from HyperSpin to LaunchBox. You can even use the RocketLauncher you already have in LaunchBox with just a few changes, so you wouldn't have to configure the emulators all over again. You just import your games and download media and you're set.

or if you use Retroarch already, all you need to do i move all your media(game boxes,carts,etc) to the correct folders and just import the roms into launchbox and set the emulator to retroarch and thats pretty much it. For bigbox, you would find a theme that you like and play around with it and use your own setting until you like it. ?