LaunchBox Community Forums

Save states

starfiretbt

One of the things I like about platform game emulation is that their emulators have the save state feature allowing you to save the game at any place and time. Does launch box or big box have this function? I know some games don't need it, for example Wolfenstein can be saved at any time but others such as Wing commander have very limited opportunities to save the game. I love to play games but there are so many available that I don't have the time to "git gud" at the game and still play other games. I would have to play one hard game all year to finish it if it was hard enough and this limits how many games I can play.

• 1 year later...

I noticed that one of the two dos box's included has a taewon build . the Taewon build I have lets you save by pressing alt +F5 and load with alt + F9. I cant remember if this build also uses dx9 and or opengl. If it does, Awesome, I pretty sure at some point I used to use reshade in conjuction with a dosbox build and d-fend to add some anti aliasing, bloom and  anisotropic filtering to games to give them a slight polish.