LaunchBox Community Forums

WootLauncher: Bezel Overlay & Pause Menu

2 hours ago, eatkinola said:

For the fadein screen I can use images or videos. Anyone have any ideas for media?

Will the fades have the option to display the loading game title, year, developer, or any other type of info?

I might either use a png that has the same bg as the platform theme (i.e. Unified) so the entire game selection flows is seamless until it starts emulating, with some info (name, year, developer, genre), a LOADING small text, and maybe the platform logo in one of the corners or centered in screen, or use just a generic image per platform, but minimalist as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DerSchlachter said:

P.S.: i think images are enough, Videos for Loaing screens are to much, in my oppinion

2 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Will the fades have the option to display the loading game title, year, developer, or any other type of info?

I might either use a png that has the same bg as the platform theme (i.e. Unified) so the entire game selection flows is seamless until it starts emulating, with some info (name, year, developer, genre), a LOADING small text, and maybe the platform logo in one of the corners or centered in screen, or use just a generic image per platform, but minimalist as well.

Those are good thoughts. I'll probably allow users to select different ways to display the loading screen, even keeping videos as an option. Displaying metadata is a great idea; I will try to keep it relatively simple.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kondorito said:

@eatkinola a question: how are you handling the fade times? Are you setting a timer configurable for each platform, or are you being able to resolve when the emulator gains focus? Super curious on the dev. 

It's a little bit of both. Some emulators like dolphin and demul have a jarring startup, so I want to cover the screen for a minimum amount of time. I can tell when the emulator window has been captured, and the fadein can thus end around that time. I might also make a minimum overall time configurable, so one could set the load screen to last, for example, 5 or 10 seconds.

6 hours ago, eatkinola said:

It's a little bit of both. Some emulators like dolphin and demul have a jarring startup, so I want to cover the screen for a minimum amount of time. I can tell when the emulator window has been captured, and the fadein can thus end around that time. I might also make a minimum overall time configurable, so one could set the load screen to last, for example, 5 or 10 seconds.

Thank you for the recap. Looking forward to it. 

I am not a Pause menu user, so I wont be able to test possible scenarios with that, but if you need help testing the Fade in/out I would gladly give you a hand. 

• Thanks 1