LaunchBox Community Forums

PASC CE - Theme Editor, rewritten in WPF

y2guru

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Can you edit Launchbox Next themes with this too, or just BigBox?

This is a custom editor for my BigBox Theme PASC only, it allows you to swap out the graphics, resize and position various UI elements so you can make it look like your own theme without having to code.

13 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

so if I'm reading that correct this doesn't actually edit BB themes it only edit your specific theme?

Yes, but the tools allow you to completely re-arrange all the elements of it, so it could look unrecognizable to the original theme if you put in the effort i'm guessing, also i'm betting you could also swap out any images for your own as well. So you could almost design a completely new theme using PASC as the base.

31 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yes, but the tools allow you to completely re-arrange all the elements of it, so it could look unrecognizable to the original theme if you put in the effort i'm guessing, also i'm betting you could also swap out any images for your own as well. So you could almost design a completely new theme using PASC as the base.

Absolutely correct Neil,  the primary goal is to allow anyone to make a Theme without having to learn XAML.  The PASC theme purely exists as a base Theme which can either be tweaked to your own liking or duplicated (with a new name) then overhauled using your own images.     

Changed some visual elements

1. Added plugin support
  2. Added video preview 
  3. Performance enhancements
  4. Interrogation of Launchbox metadata xml
  5. Many other changes either non visible or just too plain boring to mention.

This video will demo the following:

1. Theme preview will be displayed in exactly the same aspect ratio windows is currently set to (will also change if you change the windows display settings)
  2. Single frame video preview will now be shown (better than a black rectangle)
  3. Metadata XML interrogation, scroll text (notes) is a good example.
  4. The PASC theme reacts to configuration changes within milliseconds. (Editor open and making changes while bigbox and pasc theme is active)

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1